Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just making a what if list for space marines. I did originally plan this list using the vanilla codex but I realised it would be better suited to the Blood Angel codex. Any who, here it is:

HQ

Librarian 100
Shield of Sanguinius
Fear of Darkness

Troops

Assault Squad 205
TLLC Razorback w/ Extra Armour

Assault Squad 205

Assault Squad 205

Fast Attack

Baal Predator 130
Flamestorm Cannon
Extra Armour

Typhoon 90

Typhoon 90

Heavy Support

Vindicator 160
Extra Armour

Vindicator 160
Extra Armour

Vindicator 160
Extra Armour

Total: 1505

The plan is for the Razors to move up behind the wall of Vindicators and shoot over the top of them. The Typhoons hang back and plink away. The Baal outflanks to keep the enemy on their toes.

The assault squads have no gear because they never leave their transports.

What do you think?

·
Registered
616 Posts
What does the librarian do? if he goes with one of the assualt sqauds he will never leave his vehicle. I personally would rebuild the list a bit to make the troops more pro-active, but your list should work as well. I guess it's down to personal preference

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I think it's a trade off... drop a lasback to add more to an assault squad... Might be worth the loss of firepower, maybe not.... I guess it would depend on your play style... List looks pretty solid though...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Libby is there for the Psychic hood and Shield of Sanguinius bubbles for the other tanks.

I do think that bumping up the Assault squads could be a good idea but it changes the way this list plays but it needs some play testing I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts