Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kharn is a great guy but i wanted to try out my sorcerer first. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hq

Sorcerer
MON, NR, familar, DB 150pts

Elites

Possesed 7man
MOS 212pts

4 Terminator Champions
MON 200pts

5 Terminator Champions
MOT, RAC 265pts

Troops

Plauge Marines 10man
Rhino, EA, PC, PF 320pts

Plauge Marines 10man
PC, combi melta, 2 melta's 275pts

Heavy Support

Vindicator 125pts

Obliterator 75pts

I know it's light in AT but i think it's plausible against some of the guys at my LGS.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Either drop a Plague Marine from each squad, or 2 possessed, and load the terminators up with Combi-weapons. I'd also throw a chainfist into each squad, to deal with unruly walkers.

If you want to drop the possessed entirely, you could have the termies go full retard with full upgrades. This might leave you a bit short on models though, so its a judgement call.

Also, free up enough points to give the other Plague squad some special weapons. 2 melta guns > 1 Possessed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very true deathscythe4722 that actually makes total friggin sense. Will do.

So here's the new list.

Hq

Sorcerer
MON, NR, familar, DB 150pts

Elites

Possesed 5man
MOS 160pts

4 Terminator Champions
MON, 2 combi plas, 2 combi melta 220pts

5 Terminator Champions
MOT,2 combi melta's, 1 combi plas, 1 combi flamer, 1 chain fist RAC 320pts

Troops

Plauge Marines 10man
Rhino, EA, PC, PF 320pts

Plauge Marines 10man
PC, combi melta, 2 melta's 275pts

Heavy Support

Vindicator 125pts

Obliterator 75pts

And that puts me at 1645. might as well bump it up to 1750. with a dakka pred auto cannon and HBSS?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I've seen like 10 lists lately, that've all been majorly lacking in Heavy Support... 1 Un-possessed vindicator, and a Single Obliterator, is obviously not enough..

I dont mean to sound grouchy, but it seems such an obvious problem :\

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand entirely but to day that 1500 redub OP wiped put a Crap load of orks today and I rolled a heck of alot of FNP to. so I'm Definately Dropping Possessed entirely and adding another oblit and extra armor to all vehicles. And Daemonic possession to my vindi.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Do that, and it'll be fine, I dunno why i didn't say that... Lol, I just seemed to miss that you had Possessed.

Good call, Add oblits and possess your Vindicator, and you 'should' Fingers crossed, do really well. :]

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like a lot about what you're doing. I see a few things you might want to think about.

Where does that Sorcerer go? He doesn't get a ride? I would drop a troop choice down to 9 or lower to get him in a transport. A great thing about Plague Marines is that you don't need ten to get two special weapons. I don't know that he even needs Doombolt. I might take one Plague Marine squad with flamers to run the Nurgle Sorcerer with.

The other troop choice is good with meltas.

Using Meltas in both squads will work fine too.

I like your terminators with Combi Weapons. That's a good mix but heavy flamers might be a better choice than combi flamers.

Add more Oblits. They do everything.

Lots of oblits and lots of Terminators need Icons.

Sorry for the incoherent post. I'm tired.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Post the list with everyones help now Sabatine, and we can all see what it looks like, as a final List :}

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post the list with everyones help now Sabatine, and we can all see what it looks like, as a final List :}

Well the flamer broke a squad of boyz that was 20 when it started and 8 when i finished shooting. as for my final list i'll find it and post asap. The dice gods favored me that day twice on Saturday. Probably need to fine tune it for the 24 turney.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts