Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its actually not a tournament, but a little crashing-bashing between the local clubs. From the looks of it, the challenging club will pick the opponents for their champions, so my list has to be a "responding" list. The opposing armies most likely include and might not be limited to: Space Wolves, Space Marines, Imperial Guard (mech heavy as far as I know), Orks, Blood Angels, CSM (Lash Classic) and maybe even Daemons if one of the guys decide hes going to go easy on us. :p
Truth to be told, the challenging club is filled with the best players I ever came across, while ours is pretty much the beginners' club, though we do have some decent players (my unashamed self included :grin:). Logically, I'm not expecting anything, but I do plan on putting up a good fight at the very least. :p
So heres a list I came up with thats an unusual CSM list but still capable of handling armies that are engineered for the purpose of grinding typical CSM lists into the ground:

Kharn - 165

Chaos Lord; MoK, DW - 140 (you'd be surprised what I did with this guy, hes crazy :D; oh and no Termie Armour, the model is in power armour :p)

5xTerminators; 2xChamps, 2xCF, 2xCM, Reaper AC (great stuff, though it is indeed a tad bit too expensive), PF - 245 (I sticked to WYSIWYG here, but it worked out pretty well so far)

8xBerzerkers; Champ.w/PF&Icon, Rhino - 248

Defiler; 3xDCCW, Reaper AC - 150

2xObliterators - 150

2xObliterators - 150

Total: 1496
This list assumes that my opponent is either going to be a Space Wolf with tons of Rune Priests, or another Space Marine chapter with Psychic Hoods to make my Lash completely useless. The idea is to stay in cover and blow away, wait in ambush for the Grey Hunters/Terminators and use my own Terminators to either backstab my opponent's fire support or in case the whole opposing army charges in my face (which is a likely possibility if my opponent is a Blood Angel) they'll be my panic button. The risk I'm taking with this list is that if the dice hate me I'll be fucked beyond recognition and wiped out by the end of turn 3. But hey, its two Khorne Lords in one list, its bound to kick ass (which it did in a test game, hehehehehehehheee... :grin:)

As you can see, I intend to win not with the sheer cheesyness of my list (against which the opposing army is bound to be geared for, so the cheese would soon be turned into a tasty omlette) but with surprise and perhaps psychological warfare, using unexpected units and tactics, while maintaining a certain level of usefulness. Consequently, Lash Princes and psykers in general are out of question, and of course I'm still at odds with Papa Nurgle, so Plague Marines won't work either. Otherwise I'm open to all sorts of criticism. :)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You need at least one more Berserker squad, just for insurance purposes. This way your opponent won't be able to destroy your troops and then sit back.

I'd scrap the terminators to pay for this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I might think about throwing some LC's into the termies and remove the CM's and the AC, I also have to say the no matter how good they are Obliterators just aren't Khorne, I would put in a Landraider for the Termies instead and either a Predator or Dreadnought depending on points.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need at least one more Berserker squad, just for insurance purposes. This way your opponent won't be able to destroy your troops and then sit back.

I'd scrap the terminators to pay for this.
I don't have the models, but I think I know the guy I could borrow a squad from. I think I'll do just that and test it, since theres still a month (hopefully) 'till the contest. :)

With said modification, the list looks like this:

Kharn - 165

Chaos Lord; MoK, DW - 140 (you'd be surprised what I did with this guy, hes crazy :D; oh and no Termie Armour, the model is in power armour )

Defiler; 3xDCCW, Reaper AC - 150

2xObliterators - 150

2xObliterators - 150

Total: 1499

I was also thinking about getting a pair of Oblits instead of the Defiler, but I'm not sure if dropping that Battlecannon, the Reaper AC and the nasty close combat potential is worth it. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
second list is much better. shame you have no points left for extra armor or Possession on your rhinos to get into grips with your opponent.

good hunting.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give that Lord some wings, stat!
The model doesn't have any, and the model that has doesn't look like a Khorne Lord at all and has LCs, not something you'd call a Daemon Weapon. Also, with his humble 140 points he killed Logan Grimnar with a single charge and lived to tell the tale. Later he butchered half a squad of Grey Hunters before he lost his last wound to a power fist slam. He killed some three times his points in two assault phases. Wings wouldn't make a difference, my friend. :) And I don't have the points for it either. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The second list looks much better, good luck in the tournament.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The second list looks much better, good luck in the tournament.
Thanks. :) I'll let you know what happened, though the contest itself is going to be some 3-4 weeks from now so its going to be a long wait but lets hope its worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts