1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orks 1500 pts

1 Big Mek (HQ) @ 85 Pts
#Mek's Tools; Choppa (x1); Kustom Force Field; Stikkbombz

1 Warboss (HQ) @ 110 Pts (goes with boys below v)
Attack Squig; Bosspole; Power Klaw (x1); Twin-Linked Shoota; Stikkbombz

22 Ork Boyz (Troops) @ 132 Pts
Slugga (x22); Choppa (x22)

22 Ork Boyz (Troops) @ 178 Pts

1 Nob @ [46] Pts
Bosspole; Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)

22 Ork Boyz (Troops) @ 178 Pts

1 Nob @ [46] Pts

21 Ork Boyz (Troops) @ 172 Pts
Slugga (x21); Choppa (x21)

1 Nob @ [46] Pts

14 Kommandos (Elites) @ 255 Pts
Slugga & Choppa (x12); Burna (x2); Stikkbombz

1 Boss Snikrot @ [85] Pts
#Mork's Teeth; #Stikkbombz; Ambush; Killa Reputation

4 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack) @ 195 Pts
Buzzsaw (x1); Twin-linked Big Shoota (x1); Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha
(x3); Choppa (x4)

4 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack) @ 195 Pts
Buzzsaw (x1); Twin-linked Big Shoota (x1); Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha
(x3); Choppa (x4)

Total Army Cost: 1500
Any recommendations? I'm looking to make a moderately competitive list nothing too cheesy but nothing too weak.
I plan on keeping the Deffkoptas and Kommandos in reserves taking the deffkoptas out soon to kill some of the enemy mechs. And bringing the kommandos out mid/late game as my footslogging boyz are about to wagh right in.
Is the warboss a good idea?, as I can easily replace him with some nobz , a boomgun wagon or more Kommandos. Also are slugga boys viable for footslugging or should I go for shootas and forget the whole wagh?
Sorry for all the questions this will be my first real army over 1000 pts that I plan on taking to Games Day with me in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance
~Einmonster

·
4,491 Posts
The way you set your list out is slightly confusing.

Personally i would drop the Buzzsaws from the Deffkoptas, and only run them in singles. One goes down and the rest will run away.

I would also drop the Warboss, as your not really benefiting from having him.

Spend the points gained from this into some Killa Kans as a screen, or else into some Battlewagons to transport your Boyz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way you set your list out is slightly confusing.

Personally i would drop the Buzzsaws from the Deffkoptas, and only run them in singles. One goes down and the rest will run away.

I would also drop the Warboss, as your not really benefiting from having him.

Spend the points gained from this into some Killa Kans as a screen, or else into some Battlewagons to transport your Boyz.
Sorry about the layout, I just pasted it directly from army builder.
How much kans would you reccomend for a screen 3? 6? 9? And I'm guessing
outfit them with rokkits to make up for the fewer deffkoptas? Thanks for the info:)

·
4,491 Posts
If you want a foot slogging list, i would advise running 9 Kanz (6-9 with rokkits, 0-3 with grotzookas), backed up with a KFF to give them all a cover save, and a heap of Shoota Boyz and Lootas.

If you want a Mech list, then Battlewagons.

You can still run Deffkoptas if you want. They are still viable in a competitive army. However they are most effective when just given rokkits and in units of 1.
Think of them as a distraction and possibility of getting a shot on side armour. Dont expect them to survive long though.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love DeffKoptaz. So much so that I have 75 of them.

However, they do have a tendency to bugger off when they get shot at. I've been playing with a list that maxes out Koptaz as all 3 fast attacks, racing across the table with scout at the start of the game and plowing straight into combat turn 1.

If you go first you win, if you go second, you lose. However your opponents face when you slam 15 buzzsaw Koptaz into his line before he even rolls a dice is classic.

To make it viable you need big scary things to occupy your opponent while your Koptaz do their thing. Ghaz, Wagons, Dredz etc are all useful for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want a foot slogging list, i would advise running 9 Kanz (6-9 with rokkits, 0-3 with grotzookas), backed up with a KFF to give them all a cover save, and a heap of Shoota Boyz and Lootas.

If you want a Mech list, then Battlewagons.

You can still run Deffkoptas if you want. They are still viable in a competitive army. However they are most effective when just given rokkits and in units of 1.
Think of them as a distraction and possibility of getting a shot on side armour. Dont expect them to survive long though.
Is it even worth it to run deffkoptas at all competitively? I mean, that is almost 3 free kill points in annihilation.

I love DeffKoptaz. So much so that I have 75 of them.

However, they do have a tendency to bugger off when they get shot at. I've been playing with a list that maxes out Koptaz as all 3 fast attacks, racing across the table with scout at the start of the game and plowing straight into combat turn 1.

If you go first you win, if you go second, you lose. However your opponents face when you slam 15 buzzsaw Koptaz into his line before he even rolls a dice is classic.

To make it viable you need big scary things to occupy your opponent while your Koptaz do their thing. Ghaz, Wagons, Dredz etc are all useful for this.
This sounds like the epitome of orkyness. :goodpost:
I would be confused as hell against this army, I wouldn't be able to tell which units were the distractions.

·
4,491 Posts
It can be worth running 3 units of 1 Deffkopta.
In Kill Points, not so much.
It depends what missions you play.

If your group generally plays objective-based or no missions, then Deffkoptas are very viable.
Kill points, not so much.

·
Registered
221 Posts
One of the big reasons I like coming here is the vastly different advice you can get. Plus The Talking Cheese is here and his advice trumps my own... sometimes.

As to his kan wall suggestion (I understand you don't have the models as of yet) Take a few shoota boys and the rest into slugga. I say this because every time I run this list, the boyz have a hard time getting a shot off of their own and still leave room for the lootaz, but when they hit the charge they are so very killy.

Deffcoptaz are great but not super competitive in tourneys. Although I do use them to raise a lot of hell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I am actually reconsidering my main focus. The models I have as of now are very open to change since they are mostly boyz. :D

Heres the new fully mechanized list I am considering.

1436 pts total.
HQ-
Big Mek @ 85 Pts
KFF

Warboss @ 105 Pts
Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)
Attack Squig, Bosspole . goes in trukk with nobz

Troops-
9 Nobz @ [320] Pts
Power Klaw (x2)
1 Painboy @ [50] Pts
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 147 Pts
Slugga choppas
1 Nob @ [41] Pts
Power Klaw (x1)
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 147 Pts
slugga choppa
1 Nob @ [41] Pts
Power Klaw (x1)
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 147 Pts
slugga choppa
1 Nob @ [41] Pts
Power Klaw (x1)
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
Reinforced Ram

Elites-
10 Lootas @ 150 Pts
Deffguns (x10)

Fast attack-
3 Warbuggies @ 105 Pts
Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha (x3)

3 Warbuggies @ 105 Pts

Heavy Support-
Looted Wagon @ 125 Pts
Boomgun, Rokkit Launcha (x2)

How does this list look? I am trying something more mech/speedy than my other list. Also what should I do with the remaining 64 points?/what to get rid off. I am thinking of adding another trukk w/ boyz, another boom wagon, another squadron of warbuggies, or 5 more lootas. I am still debating whether or not to run mechanized or not so hopefully I'll be able to figure this out by the end of this weekend. :so_happy:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not enough troops. If you run trukks you need to run a lot of them due to their low armour value.

What will happen here is all 4 trukks will be taken out in the 1st or 2nd turn. Due to them being in trukks your opposition should have no trouble with this turkey shoot.

Also looted wagons are unreliable, try a battle wagon and put the lootaz in there (maybe)

·
4,491 Posts
Firstly, drop the Looted Wags and replace it with a Battlewagon, and chuck the Warboss, KFF Mek, and Nobz inside.
Consider dropping a few Nobz, and arming them with a couple of different wargear options to abuse wound allocation (Waaagh banner, scorcha, bosspole, big choppa, etc).
Make sure they all have Eavy Armour and Cybork too, as well as the Warboss.

Squads of Boyz need Bosspoles too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1503 pts total.
HQ-
Big Mek @ 85 Pts
KFF goes in battlewagon with nobz

Warboss @ 115 Pts
Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)
Attack Squig, Bosspole,Cybork goes in battlewagon with nobz

Troops-
7 Nobz @ [350] Pts
Power Klaw (x1)
cyborks
1 Painboy @
1 battlewagon
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 152 Pts
Slugga choppas
1 Nob
Power Klaw (x1), bosspole
1 Trukk
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 152 Pts
Slugga choppas
1 Nob
1 Trukk
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 152 Pts
Slugga choppas
1 Nob
1 Trukk
Reinforced Ram

11 Ork Boyz @ 152 Pts
Slugga choppas
1 Nob
1 Trukk
Reinforced Ram

Elites-
9 Lootas @ 135 Pts
Deffguns (x9)

Fast attack-
3 Warbuggies @ 105 Pts

3 Warbuggies @ 105 Pts

How does this look? I don't know if I want to abuse wound allocation outside of tournament play.:unsure: So I'm probably going to write up a seperate list with that. What kind of battlewagon upgrades/weapons should I get?Also how viable is another trukk instead of a battlewagon?
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Add boarding planks to your trukks/BWs being able to hit enemy vehicles without getting out of yours really annoys some ppl.
Oh and Deff Rolla for the BW, also lots o fun.

·
4,491 Posts
I like the latest list.

As for vehicle upgrades, a Deff Rolla on the Battlewagon is well worth it, and be sure to give it 2 Big Shootas so that any Weapon Destroyed results on the damage table dont become Immobilized. Red Paint Job will also be worth it too, so that it doesnt slow down your Trukks too much which need the KFF from the Battlewagon.

As for the Trukks, i wouldnt give them any upgrades. RPJ is the only one i would consider. Usually though, the "More Boyz Less Toyz" saying applies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts