Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, it's been awhile since I've posted and this is my first shot at the new Ork codex. I've been steadily growing my Ork collection and this is what I've come up with using what I have. I have more than just what's in this list but I want to use this as an expansion point.

Horde Detachment - No real reason to take this, but I guess it's not too bad. Might switch this list to a Combined Arms though

HQ:
Warboss w/ Mega-Armour, Bosspole, Da Lucky Stikk - 130 pts (Warlord)
Big Mek w/ Mega-Armour, KFF - 75 pts

Elites:
5 Tankbustas (65 pts)

Troops:
1 Boss Nob w/ Bosspole, Power Klaw (46 pts)
19 Boyz w/ Slugga + Choppa (160 pts)

Fast Attack:
2x Dakkajet w/ Flyboss, Extra Supa Shoota (290 pts)

5 Deffkoptas w/ TL Rokkits (150 pts)

Heavy Support:
10 Lootas - 140 pts

Battlewagon w/ Killkannon, 4 Rokkit Launchas, Grot Riggers

Total: 1500 pts

The idea is to have one big blob moving up the field in the form of 60 boyz, Warboss in the Wagon with Tankbustas and the Big Mek giving them all a bubble and the wagon shooting it's way up the board. Lootas camp on a backfield objective while the Koptas zoom ahead to try and pick at side armour or other suitable threats. Jets support the boyz when they come in.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like it I think it is a good core of boys and the beginnings of a good army.

For me battlewagons usually don't last past turn 2 when it is the only one I have. So for me cheaper is better I would drop the kill kannon and two rokkits and add more tank bustas with some tankhammers and some bomb squigs.

Other than that it looks really good. I would spread out the ork boyz more so that pie plates don't hurt the blob to much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts