Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im posting this on my brothers account. I have over 200 boyz now painted up nicely and its time to get em on the field. Without further delay heres my list:

HQ
Warboss, PK, Cybork, Boss Pole (Boss 1 is in a squad of Choppa Boyz)
Warboss, PK, Cybork, Boss pole (Boss 2 is coming in with Snikrot)

Elites
Snikrot, 14 Komandos

Troops
10x Gretchin, 1 Runtherd (used as a screen)
28 x Shoota Boyz, Nob with PK, Boss Pole
28 x Shoota Boyz, Nob with PK, Boss Pole
29 x Choppa Boyz, Warboss with PK, Boss Pole
29 x Choppa Boyz, Nob with PK, Boss Pole
29 x Choppa Boyz, Nob with PK, Boss Pole

Never played many big games, hows this list look?

·
Registered
187 Posts
i'd suggest exschanging 1 of the warbosses for a big mek with KFF to help protect the men, you'll take stupidly high amounts of casulties on the run forward other wise (though casulty lists will still be high), also the commandos could do with a few upgrades like burnas. Bu most importantly you need a bit more anti-tank.

(why have you got a warboss in the troops section???)

i'd suggest switching 1 of the shoota boy mobs out in favour of lootas and a small squad of grots for holding objectives

·
Registered
187 Posts
here would be a good hord army: (its a lot less boyz but more hurt.... and easier to fit on the board)

HQ
warboss - 100
PK, Cybork Body, BP (bosspole)
Big Mek - 85
KFF

Elites
10 Lootas - 150
10 lootas - 150
10 Kommandos - 200
Boss Snikrot, burna

Troops
30 slugga boyz - 220
Nob, PK, BP
30 slugga boyz - 220
Nob, PK, BP
29 slugga boyz - 214
Nob, PK, BP
10 grots - 40
Runtheard
10 grots - 40
Runtheard

Heavy Support
2 Big Gunz - 40
kannons
2 Big Gunz - 40
kannons

total = 1499

warboss goes with snikrot to give your opponent a nasty supprise
Big mek goes with 1 of the boyz squads (try to keep all the boyz under the effect of the KFF) and boyz charge forward
lootas stay at the back and take out light veicles, MC and men (in that order of priority)
grots just hold objectives and stay hidden.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I'll make all these changes once I get the appropriate models, thanks for the advice! For now Ill switch out the boss for a big mek. I'm going to field all the boyz for a few games though just to get a laugh out of my opponent and because I think it'll be fun. Not to mention I have 200 boyz painted to a high standard which looks incredible when theyre all in a horde. I'll squeeze em all in at 1750 or 2000 someday. I think it'll be pretty overwhelming against my space marine and chaos space marine friends, my one buddy is guard and i can see that being trouble but with snikrot and a boss to come from the back tables edge, that'll be a nasty surprise for a gun line. hopefully my modest screen of grots and bigmek will get enough boyz to where they need to go. I can spare to lose 1 or 100 lmao.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts