Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I think it's got great prospects as a mech Necron list, which is an interesting one not so many people seem to play for whatever reason. I'd cut both Doom Scythes for Annihilation Barges (far better anti-tank in my view, and anti-air's not so very important these days).

HQ
Overlord
Warscythe, Nightmare Shroud, Phase Shifter (your melee counter - I know shooting is the dominant force, but you need some kind of melee or someone is going to melee your pure shooting list and you'll be sorry)

TROOPS
5 Immortals
Gauss Blasters
in a Night Scythe

5 Immortals
Gauss Blasters
in a Night Scythe

10 Necron Warriors
in a Ghost Ark

10 Necron Warriors
in a Ghost Ark

FAST ATTACK
5 Scarabs

5 Scarabs

HEAVY SUPPORT
Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

That's an option that doesn't deviate too far from the model list you planned, but puts out scary amount of firepower and has a credible melee counter-attack guy in the Overlord (trust me, you need some kind of guy who can do melee or you'll get some Flesh Hounds in your grill on turn 2 and be completely up shit creek).

Personally, what I'd do?

HQ
Catacomb Command Barge
Warscythe, Phase Shifter

TROOPS
10 Necron Warriors
in a Ghost Ark

10 Necron Warriors
in a Ghost Ark

10 Necron Warriors
in a Ghost Ark

FAST ATTACK
3 Wraiths
3 Whip Coils

3 Wraiths
2 Whip Coils

HEAVY SUPPORT
Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

A very resilient, very mobile, very hard-hitting kind of mech list. Wraiths are disgusting, and great at counter-attacking since they have the mobility to respond to threats. Command Barge zooms around doing a similar job. Annihilation Barges will remove all light armour from the table in very short order; they will decimate Rhinos, Chimeras and Trukks with impunity and once your opponent is de-meched you can give him a very hard time with all the Gauss and Tesla shots backed up by the very fast threats of the Wraiths and Command Barge.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.