Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is my current list at the club. it's heavy with SM and CSM so i need to be able to shut down cats in power armor every turn and everyone has a decent pieces of armor and big boys: land raiders, defilers, daemon princes, dreadnoughts and such. and everyone has a terminator squad and a decent HQ.

angels acier - 3rd company strikeforce
primary: mobile anti-MEQ
secondary: more dakka, more choppy
-----------
captain (1) - lightning claw +15, stormbolter +3 (118)
command squad (5) - company champion +15, force axe +15 (145)
razorback [1] - vanilla (40)
-------------
librarian (1) - terminator armor +25, powers: smite, null zone (125)
assault terminator squad (5) - pair lightning claws x3, thammer/ss x2 (200)
land raider [1] - vanilla (250)
-------
sternguard squad (6) - sergent with boltgun (150)
razorback [1] - vanilla (40)
---------
tactical squad (10) - meltagun +5, plasma cannon +5 (180)
rhino [1] - vanilla (35)
---------
tactical squad (10) - meltagun +5, plasma cannon +5 (180)
rhino [1] - vanilla (35)

---------
1498 pts
------------

any feedback or advice? thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have an instant negative reaction whenever I see a lone raider in a list. Terminators die just like anything else to focused fire and tying up 600 points in one vehicles that can be suicide melta's or movement blocked is folly without proper screening or the redundancy of a second raider.

In this list I see lot's of anti tank taking out the command squads ride turn 1-2 (and if you think you opponent can't do that then your going to have a rude awakening when you run into a competitive list). If there's any supression fire left they will turn it on the razorback and finish them off along wit all your anti tank capacity. I would reccomend putting the command squad on bikes, giving them a couple meltaguns and starting them behind the land raider, then turn 1 boost them in front of it so they get a 3+ cover and your opponent can't move vehicles close to it without tank shocking through them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts