Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now, i'm going for friendly and sticking to my chapter fluff with some of this. the captain is modeled with the lightning claw and stormbolter. the cassius ortan is really a custom made cyborg-chaplain for my chapter, the reclusiarch. i like the toughness 6 and FNP and have used librarians and captains only, so i wanted to try using a chaplain and for the extra 25 pts cassius is like a big plague marine hero. :)

i do have a fair ammount of models, and the fluff dictates the two dreadnoughts. before saying to go all rifleman dreads and not what, i don't have TLAC arms made yet, but i am working on that soon.

appreciate any thoughts, especially any tweaks or things i can be easily countered by. i know this list is a little weak against a swarm/horde.

-------

HQ -
captain - lightning claw, storm bolter, meltabombs
cassius ortan

ELITE -
assault terms (5) - 2 x pair claws, 3 x th/ss
land raider - dedicated transport for assault terms + capt + cassius
dread#1 - MM/dccw(sb)
dread#2 - TLLC/dccw(sb)

TROOPS -
tactical squad (10) - mg, LC
rhino
tactical squad (10) - mg, LC
rhino

HEAVY -
predator - AC, LC sponsons

--------------
1498/1500 pts
--------------

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I think you're a bit light in terms of firepower.. but since the intent is friendly, the list isn't so underpowered that you'll get steamrolled unless you're playing a tricked out list that is focused on firepower. You have 4-5 real threats every turn where I think yuo need 6-7 to build a competative list... so you're a little underpowered, but not by much.

The only suggestion I might have is to split your captain and chappie between the LR and a rhino, that way you have 2 real cc threats... Ie, Termies to really beat face, and a 5 guy lifesupport unit for the other HQ. With Rerolls from the chappie, I just don't think the Capt will add that much more... let him mingle with the rank and file for a while.
;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i switched this list up to run vulkan instead of the captain and reclusiarch and went more melta, flamers.

although, now i have this awesome reclusiarch model i made. :)

but the new 1500 pts vulkan list is undefeated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts