5 Rangers x 2 - 240 pts
- Pathfinder

Elites
6 Striking Scorpions - 148 pts
- Exarch
- Scorpion Claw
- Stalker
- Shadowstrike
Have you looked at using chainsabers? I think the reroll hits and wounds works better than a str 6 wp.

Fast Attack
5 Warp Spiders - 130 pts
- Exarch
- Death Spinerret spinnerette rifle right?
- Power Blades
- Withdraw

Vyper - 110 pts
- Scatter Laser
- Shuriken Cannon
- Star Engines
- Holo-Field
Way to overloaded for the armor. I would drop it down to the basic vyper with scatter laser.

Heavy Support
Falcon - 195 pts
- Missile Launcher
- Shuriken Cannon
- Holo-Field
- Star-Engines I would drop the star engines

Wraithlord - 155 Pts
- Brithlance
- Missile Launcher

Transport
Wave Serpent - 160 pts
-Twin-Linked Brithlance
-Shuriken Cannon
-Star Engines
What is this for? I see your 2 MC walking up the board with Eldrad hiding in the Falcon. Talk me through what your plan is.

TOTAL: 1528[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Couple of things to add would be to drop the spinnaret rifle and have twin deathspinners instead. Drop the upgrades on the vyper and I think the points it saves combined with getting rid of star engines on falcon might get a second vyper with same weapon outfit.

I presume the wave serpent is for eldrad and the scorps and the falcon is for tank hunting. Defo give spirit stones and holofields to all vehicles except vypers if you can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scorpion Claw is very useful. When they battle against Khorne Berserkers only damage come from Exarch and he killed all Berserkers himself, only Champion left and he killed Exarch. :biggrin:

Yes it is Spinerrete Rifle. 4 Spiders got 8 S:6 AP:- shots. Exarch got ability to Pinning and a AP:1. I Think it's good.

Vyper is here to Hit and run but its need Star Engines because sometimes bad things happens. Like a Charge toward Vyper. But it's a good idea to drop all Star Engines and take another Vyper with Scater Laser.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
What's going in the Falcon? Just Eldrad? That's a bit of a waste... It could at least be scoring by putting a few troops into it. Some Dire Avengers would be the cheapest.

Two minimally sized squads of troops will not likely win you a Tournament when they are in the open like that. One solid Flamer on either squad may be enough to take it out. Two wounds on either one will start forcing Ld checks and Pathfinders have amongst the lowest in our army (not 10 anymore).

Scorpion Claw is just fine, its the squad's size that is the problem. You would be more effective with even just 8. However, I always prefer a full squad of these as it is the sheer number of attacks that will make the difference.

I cannot agree with the Power Blades on the Warp Spiders, though. These guys never need to be in CC. As to the Spinneret Rifle, all you really gain from it is a chance for Pinning. With it you have a 70% chance to wound an MEQ, as opposed the Dual Spinners' 92% after saves. The odds of causing Pinning are quite slim, but when it happens it is quite nice.

It's the Holo-Fields on a Vyper that make the least amount of sense. It issue is that after you get hit and pen'd you are losing one gun on a roll of a 2 and are wrecked on a 4+. Also, you will never get to move more than 6" and fire both of those guns. If you are only going to move 6" then you'd be better off with a War Walker...

Use the Vyper(s) to harass the flanks, and if they go toward it that's fine as it means they aren't going toward the rest of your army. Also, going 36" may a bit overkill to avoid a charge since 24" will usually suffice. However, it may pay off for contesting an objective at the end of the game.

-----------

Diagnosis? I would say that it lacks focus. There are several elements in the list that are shooty, but nothing with a sufficient number to prove too effective (which seems to be the theme of the list). I would suggest cutting back in some areas to strengthen others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts