Cultist Champion
Mark of Tzeentch
Shotgun

Heavy Support
1 Obliterator
Mark of Tzeentch
Veterans of the Long War

Total Roster Cost: 1390

after suggestions for what I could spend the remaining points on.

·
Registered
467 Posts
HQ
Chaos Lord
Mark of Tzeentch
Sigil of Corruption
Gift of Mutation
Plasma Pistol
Veterans of the Long War
The Murder Sword

He is a solid HQ. Just be careful with what you do with him as a 3++ only gets you so far. Throw him with the chosen and get him into CC quickly

Dark Apostle
Mark of Khorne
Gift of Mutation
Plasma Pistol
Veterans of the Long War

I assume he goes a with a cultist squad. As he has mark of khorne as well. That's not a bad idea and I've never used an apostle so I can't add much more on him.

Elite
Helbrute

The hell-brute is out of place. You have no other mech on the field so this will be destroyed turn 1 or 2 without ever doing anything. I would drop it and use the points else where completely. Or buy some more mech.

6 Chosen
Mark of Tzeentch
Veterans of the Long War
Power Fist x1
Power Maul x1
Lightning Claws (pair) x1
Chosen Champion
Gift of Mutation
Mark of Tzeentch
Power Axe
Veterans of the Long War

I'm assuming they have the mark of tzeentch so that they can join the lord. I think they would be better off being unmarked. 6++ just isn't very good at all and is too expensive to be justified. I also think you need at least two more bodies, seeng as this squad has 4 special weapons, you're going to lose at least a few models to enemy fire before you hit combat and you don't want them to be your special weapon guys. I would bump this squad up to 9 guys, buy them a rhino, stick them with the lord, and drop the PF. Take 2 x melta and a combi-melta on the champion. This way before you charge in you should be able to take, if lucky, 3 wounds from a unit or 3 wounds off an MC.

Troops
12 Chaos Space Marines
Mark of Tzeentch
Veterans of the Long War
Plasma gun x 2
1 x bolt pistol & CCW
Aspiring Champion
Gift of Mutation
Mark of Tzeentch
Power Sword
Veterans of the Long War

Is this squad being joined by the lord? Mark of Tzeentch doesn't do much good here. I think they would benefit more from either having no mark or mark of nurgle. I don't know why you have one member having a bolt-pistol and CCW. Either go all bolters and plasma or all close-combat weapons and flamers or melta. But there is no reason to have one guy with a normal weapon. Also, 12 is a weird number. Either bump it up to 15 or 20 or drop it down to 10 and get a rhino

27 Chaos Cultists
Mark of Khorne
Flamer x2
Cultist Champion
Mark of Tzeentch

Your champion cannot be marked differently from the squad and the whole squad should just be mark of khorne

35 Chaos Cultists
Mark of Tzeentch
Autogun x 31
Heavy Stubber x3
Cultist Champion
Mark of Tzeentch
Shotgun
I don't think these cultists need the mark of tzeentch, I would stick with the mark of khorne if you go for any mark. But this squad could easily be unmarked.

Heavy Support
1 Obliterator
Mark of Tzeentch
Veterans of the Long War

I think you could lose veterans of the long war here and you should have at least one more obliterator in my opinion. 1 is just not very effective so I would suggest two squads of one or a squad of 2

Total Roster Cost: 1390

after suggestions for what I could spend the remaining points on.
So my comments are in green. I think you need some sort of anti-air. Whether it be a helldrake or a havoc squad or a quad gun. But you definitely need something. The helldrake is really powerful. You also need rhinos. Yeah, rhinos often die fast and are not awesome usually, but your squads are not big enough to get into CC mostly intact. That chosen squad against a decent shooty list will lose at least half of its models before it gets there. Against a Tau list, the squad would just be gone. You could even do a squad of 9 chosen, with the lord, and in a LR. Dropping some of those upgrades and dropping the hell-brute may afford you one. But if you go that route then you definitely need more mech.

I also find the 2nd HQ choice to expensive for 1500 points. I would personally drop him as well and make each cutlist squad 20 man. The shooty squad with no mark and the CC squad keeps its mark of khorne. Drop the other chaos list down to 10 man, give them a rhino. Drop the obliterator completely and find points for 2 predators with just the twin-linked lascannon. They're cheap and effective and if you also take that land-raider then you have a solid mech area. If you don't take the LR then I wouldn't bother with the predators. Instead I would take 2 to 3 obliterators and an ADL with quad-gun for some anti-air. Then take 2 rhinos for your two units that need them and maybe a cheap predator or two, to diversify your mech. Something like this.

HQ
Lord (your set-up) - 170
2nd Lord (sits with cultist squad to make them fearless) - 65 points

troops
10 x CSMs - 240
Champion w/power-weapon, combi-plasma
2 x plasma-guns
rhino
Veterans

Cultist squad - 140
20 x cultist, CCW & pistol, MoK

Cultist squad - 90
15 x cultist, auto guns, heavy stubber (this squad mans the quad gun)

Elites
9 x Chosen - 252
Champion w/power-weapon, combi-melta
2 x melta-gun
3 x power-weapon or lightning claws

Heavy Support
Chaos land-raider - 230
Chaos predator - 100 (lascannon)
Chaos predator - 100 (lascannon)

ADL w/quad gun - 100

This list leaves you with 13 points left-over and is still very similar to your old list but provides away for your chosen to get into CC, your other squad to get to their goal, 4 tanks (still very small amount) but will help leave your rhino intact and make the land-raider not as huge of a target. Gives you some ranged anti-tank and a little anti-flier.

I don't know if this list would work well, I was trying to adapt your original list and have it cover a few more bases. So I would just use it as food for thought and if you absolutely hate it then pay no attention. Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts