Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just got back to 40k after months of not playing and I decided I'd try and make a Wych Army. If I broke any rules with my setup it'd be great if you told me, I'm pretty rusty at the moment. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Wych Archite
-Shadow Field
-Combat Drugs
-Agonizer
Retinue
-Wych x5
-Raider w Scaling Nets
Total- 260 pts

Wych Squad
-Succubus
-Wych x9
-Wych Weapons x10
-Raider w Scaling Nets
Total- 198 pts

Wych Squad
-Succubus
-Wych x9
-Wych Weapons x10
-Raider w Scaling Nets
Total- 198 pts

Wych Squad
-Succubus
-Wych x9
-Wych Weapons x10
-Raider w Scaling Nets
Total- 198 pts

Wych Squad
-Succubus
-Wych x9
-Wych Weapons x10
-Raider w Scaling Nets
Total- 198 pts

Wych Squad
-Succubus
-Wych x9
-Wych Weapons x10
-Raider w Scaling Nets
Total- 198 pts

Mandrake Squad
-Mandrake x10
Total- 150 pts

Mandrake Squad
-Mandrake x5
Total- 75 pts

Complete Total- 1475 pts

So like I said, if I breached like 20 rules, I'd really appreciate if you guys told me, and any suggestions are welcome :biggrin:

·
Registered
277 Posts
1st of all you got some nuts wych armies arnt easy to play:D
second MANDRAKES!!???? just no dont even bother lol
a second HQ would be good i think with a retinue of wyches more than 5!
your main HQ i would increase the wyches to 8 or 9
maybe Lelith instead she is pretty good and quite cheap

so
1. you have balls
2.kick the drakes
3.extra hq
4.bigger hq squads
5.maybe change to lelith
6. some plasma greandes:)

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
No mandrakes in wych lists work you tie up units that will try and shoot the raiders down before they get there, the probelem here is wargear and numbers

Your wych TROOP squads should have 7-8 wyches in at most give the wych weapons (possibly plasma) and then give the succubus an agoniser and load them in a raider - Don't use scaling nets they really only come into play if a character can leave the unit and then it speeds off to do its thing with the other unit, as that can't happen dump em.

Mandrakes use in squads of 8 aswell, 10 is too much point sink 8 should keep you alive and still give you 6 areas to threaten with the set up.

Heres a more thought out list:

HQ:
Wych Archite - 146pts
Agoniser
Splinter Pistol (needed for bonus +1A)
Combat Drugs
Shadow Field
Trophy Rack
Retinue:
7 Wyches - 181pts
Wych Weapons
Plasma Grenades
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

Total HQ:327pts

TROOPS:

8 Wyches - 187pts
Wych Weapons
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

8 Wyches - 187pts
Wych Weapons
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

7 Wyches - 174pts
Wych Weapons
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

7 Wyches - 174pts
Wych Weapons
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

ELITE:

8 Mandrakes - 120pts

8 Mandrakes - 120pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager - 105pts

Ravager - 105pts

TOTAL: 1499pts

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
LOL or you could take a few units that actually work to tie up units mandrakes suck balls and you will cry when they get beat in combat by everything :p
Mandrakes do work when you select the correct units, on the charge which they are guareenteed to get they get 3 attacks each. I've used them alot and found they have worked well.

Lulz please give constructive critism on them and not just terms like suck balls and cry I could go onto the SM forums and say to everyone don't use Predators because they suck balls use something more effective, I havent done anything for my own good as I haven't told them why I think they are useless and haven't told them what units works better than it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
they are warriors with a cool deployment nothing more they will do alright in combat against guardsmen but nothing that can actually fight like SM and for 15 points a pop
just not worth it 3 attacks on the charge? good if they wernt so expensive even if they do beat something in combat that isnt tau or gaurdsmen they arnt really gona make their points back unless you get pretty lucky warriors would be a better choice instead but I would just take more wyches lol

maybe mandrakes sound appealing to you if you do end up using them tell us how they perform.

If you can give me a good reason they are good that out balances them being to too expensive and not very good in combat ill stop saying they suck balls:)
good luck:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts