Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so round two for my final 1500 pt army list lemme know what you guys think im going to post it as squads as im going to play them...

7 Grey Hunters(1 flamer, 1 mark)/ Rune Priest (chooser of slain, living lightning and murderous hurricane)/ 1 wolf guard (combimelta, power fist)/ all in Rhino

7 Grey Hunters(1 Meltagun, 1 mark of the wulfen, 1 standard)/ Wolf Guard (combimelta, power fist) all in a Rhino

5 Grey Hunters (Meltagun,1 Mark,1 Standard)/ Wolf Guard (combimelta, Power fist) all in Razorback (LAscannon and TL plasmagun)

6 Longfangs (3 Heavy Bolters, 2 Lascannons)

5 Thunderwolf Calvary ( 1 W Storm SHield and Thunderhammer, 1 W Stormshield)

5 Wolf Scouts( 1 Meltagun, Meltabombs)

Dreadnought ( Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta) in Drop pod

-------------------------------------------------------------------

so lemme know what you guys think im not sure if i should switch the standard and meltagun to the squad w the runepriest......

at this point ive made a ton of lists and read a ton of tactica and this is prob my final draft i would love feedback as i am new to playing space wolves....

thank you for your time

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Personally, I don't think you have enough shooting to be able to hang competatively at 1.5

It seems like you're trying to do too much with the list. You have a CC element, in the three rhinos, scouts, drop dread, and TWC. Any of these supported by the rest of the list can and will work... but all of them together means that you cut your firepower too much to be truly competative...

Also, realize that ths standards and the MoTW are cool.. I tend to think of them as an afterthought rather than the main course.. But it's 75 points that you really need elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
TWC are, unfortunitly, a waste of points, they are good, but they just cost too much for what they do.

if your useing scouts correctly, the melta gun you could drop.

Dreadnought might be nice on paper, but Id, personally, get 2 land speeders over 1 dread.

5 ML LFs > 3 HB 2 LC most times even if you CAN split fire, you really wont. Missile Launchers work so much better and are so cheap for what they do. I mostly use my sargent as cannon fodder and let my 8 MLs rip apart pretty much everything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lemme rephrase that I'm on a phone so it messes up a tad...

What do you guys usually run at 1500. I'm new to warhammer so I'm trying to get an idea of a list.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Double rp with 3 units of supped up GH and a shit ton of lf ml units with razors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts