Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a couple of folks up at the FLGS are looking to play more 1500 pt games (we normally play 2k) So I figured the list below would be fun and pretty well balanced…

The List

• Rune Priest – Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane (110 pts)
  • 1x – 7 Grey Hunters – Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Rhino – PMSB (195 pts)
  • 2x – 5 Grey Hunters – Razorback w/ TL Las (150 pts)
  • 3x – Rifleman Dread (125 pts)
  • 1x Landspeeder - Typhoon w/ Multi Melta (100 pts)
  • 3x Long Fang pack – 5 Missile Launcher (140 pts)
So, I know I’m going to be hurting a bit against AV 14 with only 2 melta and 2 lascannons to deal with the threat.. but if my opponent is running a big rock army, I can also dedicate 17 missiles to the problem in order to stun it immobile and then torrent whatever comes out… Also, I'm conerned that only 3 scoring unit's ain't enough

• The Rune priest will sit in the rhino and kick out psy defense and lots of str 7 shots.
  • I haven’t ran the MoTW before, so I’m hoping it will be ‘value added’
  • The rifleman dread are there because I just got 3 sets of arms from FW and I think it will be fun to shoot them at transports or Nids.
  • 7 Grey Hunter pack is for hitting things and keeping the Rune Priest company
  • The Razorbacks and troops are for objective sitting and fire support
  • Speeder is for suicide melta, long range meltas, objective grabs, and general speeder stuff.
  • Long Fangs are there cause I think they’re fluffy and fun… a truly unique space wolf unit indeed
  • The Rhino has a PMSB out of tradition – I got some turrets from FW for a chimera but the new kits made them redundant… so I put them on my rhinos like a poor man’s razorback…

Where I’m having some debate is around the second Grey Hunter Razorback squad. One will be on station with a TL Las to do long range support. The second may be needed for objective taking so I’m thinking about replacing the TL Las for something else… Prob Las/Plas…. but I think I have a ton of killy stuff in the list already so I’m thinking about running a TL Assault Cannon instead (also, I have that bit already) Thought process being that with 17 Missile Shots and 12 TL Autocannon shots every turn that can go at 9 diff targets I should not be hurting for firepower….

For you guys out there that play a lot of games at 1500…. do you see anything out there that I’ll really struggle with or see any huge issues (other than the lack of melta and 3 scoring units)?

·
Registered
155 Posts
it looks pretty good. lots of light armor and not a lot of anti AV14 but if you know that going into it you'll be ok.

if you see the land raider list you'll either try to take it down or go after the scoring units and ignore it. with that amount of shooting you should be able to take down horde armies without too much difficulty and meq lists as well.

you may have a problem with the new blood angels though. if they deep strike in your face and live through the shooting your done for. and if they take vangaurd they come in and assault when they deep strike with heroic intervention. as long as they have jump packs. still, very scary for long fangs. or a storm raven with a dreadnought. its an assault vehicle so if it lives, and it might with AV13, it flies up, they get out and assault.

maybe guard if they use enough artillery. maybe some heavy mortars. or a vindi list. when it comes down to it, if they take out your dreads or fangs your out of luck. they are your litch pin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts