Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then lads I have an upcoming tourny with a buddy of mine that is 2 weeks away and I've been trying to come up with a list to compliment his BA death company list. I came up with this.

HQ
CCS w/ Carapace, x2 Bodyguards, x4 Meltaguns

Troops
Veteran Squad w/Carapace, x3 Plasma guns, Autocannon, Chimera
Veteran Squad w/Carapace, x3 Plasma guns, Autocannon, Chimera
Veteran Squad w/Carapace, x3 Meltaguns, ML, Chimera

Fast Attack
Vendetta

Heavy Support
Leman Russ w/HB Sponsons
Leman Russ w/HB Sponsons
Leman Russ Executioner w/Plasma cannons

A lot of fire power on the move, the CCS hops in Vendetta and and drops into the backfield late game to fuck shit up. LRs in front Chimeras behind surrounded by the death company.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How many points would you save if you didn't have carapace armour on everything? Also, body guards is 30 points that could go towards a Sly Marbo for that little something (his point costs is more than made up for when they see you have it and suddenly feel they have to play differently than they'd like.

I haven't got my dex to hand, but historically carapace is a waste of points, particularly on nigh suicidal units such as plasma wielding troops that are being dropped close to stuff.

Edit: check this thread (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73027) that occurred when I was looking to do something similiar. More for the other guys inputs then mine, some good insights.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I presume the carapace is to give a 4+ save to those vets that "get hot". If you drop the carapace and the bodyguards you have a lots of points to put on something else like maybe a hellhound.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I actually don't mind the army wide carapace, but then again whenever I take it I take it for my fluff. Demolitions is a pretty good specialization to buy as well, I'd definitely give that to the melta gun squad. The plasma squads are alright with the 4+, like Silverblade said, it helps with their Gets Hot! rolls, but then again they're T3 so no matter what hits them outside their transport they're going to have a bad day. I really think you should take the autocannons away, trim off (metaphorically) the sponsons from the Leman Russ, they can't shoot their battle cannon and those the same turn anyway, and give the CCS a Chimera. Dropping them behind enemy lines is likely to only give your opponent a point with very little being done to show for it. That way you could keep a Vendetta to rip stuff up while your HQ is slightly better off. The bodyguards really could go, they won't serve much purpose for a mech army, and are expensive for what they do. The Executioner is a good choice though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts