Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, a friend and I agreed to play a match 1500 pts(me), 1000 points(him)...

Now before yall hoot and holler about my list choice this time keep in mind I am the attacker he is the Defender... Attacker is allowed no mech, and Defender is allowed 0-1 leman russ battle tank squad any pattern, 0-1 chimera as his only mech units... neither side may take special characters or deepstrike

The objective is to King of the Hill... only the hill is a fortified bunker guarded with one squad of mobile melta vets and 2 leman russ with battle cannons Hope fully I can take him out ( I bet him 20$$$ I could do it without lash or oblits so wish me luck)

HQ Sorceror -220pts
Wings, MoT, Warptime, Winds of Chaos Plasma Pistol(flies with Raptors)

Troops -245
10 CSM Champ with pf/plasma... IoCG, Plasmaguns x2

Troops -245

Troops -245
10 CSM Champ with pf/plasma melta bombs... IoCG, Plasmaguns x2

Fast Attack - 300
10 Raptors - Champ with PF IoS Meltabombs X2meltaguns (flys with sorceror

HS - 245
7 Havocs - MoT LAscannon x2 Missle x2

The main reason for making this list is to kick his little guard ass and of course to win 20 bux, what to yall think will this list spank him or will he spank me? All I know is that he has the meltavets in chimmy and 2 leman russ with only battle cannons... and those are squaded tanks so all i gotta do is roll a 4-6 on the table to kill one lol

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Personally, if you arnt allowed to use mech, I would be fielding another squad of Havocs that have similar equipment to deal with the Leman Russ's

Otherwise, a good list imo, considering the rules and what (i think) you plan to do

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I would recommend replacing the Sorcerer with a Daemon Prince, if possible.

Also...some flamers would be nice, especially if you're up against Guard.

·
Registered
496 Posts
KHORNE!!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!

but seriously o.o

should be getting some nurgle marines and Khrone Berserkers (<3 Zerkers)

they may be bigger targets... but whos retarded rule was it that you can use transports o.o? either way, Zerkers just need to get close (IE melta range) and they will start ripping ass

also i would have some more havoc squads all with 4x missle launchers (if you can?)

also how far away are you going to be deploying? this is a big factor in how you should deply and what you should take

·
Registered
941 Posts
HQ Sorceror -220pts
Wings, MoT, Warptime, Winds of Chaos Plasma Pistol(flies with Raptors)
trade for a DP with Lash
Troops -245
make these 2 melta guns
Troops -245
same
Troops -245
10 CSM Champ with pf/plasma melta bombs... IoCG, Plasmaguns x2
2 flamers
Fast Attack - 300
10 Raptors - Champ with PF IoS Meltabombs X2meltaguns (flys with sorceror
trade for 5 chosen w/ 3 flamers and 2 meltas (good against mech and gaurd)HS - 245
7 Havocs - MoT LAscannon x2 Missle x2
trade for 3 oblits
see above ^

·
Registered
632 Posts
Primarch Lorgar. The OP did state that he did not want to use lash or Oblits as he has some money riding on the game.

Any how i do think you should try to get some more raptors with flamers in the list, they will help get to the enemy lines quickly and flame the guardsmen who will be cowering behind the cover.

Good luck with the game

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally, if you arnt allowed to use mech, I would be fielding another squad of Havocs that have similar equipment to deal with the Leman Russ's

Otherwise, a good list imo, considering the rules and what (i think) you plan to do
I like you and the way you think.:eek:k:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Primarch Lorgar. The OP did state that he did not want to use lash or Oblits as he has some money riding on the game.

Any how i do think you should try to get some more raptors with flamers in the list, they will help get to the enemy lines quickly and flame the guardsmen who will be cowering behind the cover.

Good luck with the game
I apologize, I misread and thought he wanted to!:blush:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay basically the setup is a "castle" in the center of a 4x4 board. The castle is on a raised platform "the hill" it measures about 24" x 24" has 15" walls on all sides with 18" towers. The IG defender must deploy his force within the castle, there is a drawbrigde that when in the up position has armor 10 the walls are all armor 14. The walls have platforms almost all the way around(3 sides of it because it is positioned centered on the end of a 4' edge) with access ladders and from those platforms there are access ladders to the towers.

Me the attacker has a deploy ment zone that starts 12" away from the castle on the front and sides. The objective to take the castle for me, or for him to defend the castle. it will be a 6 turn match up.

my idea is to get to the ramp for the drawbridge and jump the walls with raptors and sorceror(then the walls are only 12 inches tall making it possible for me to land on top of them) and to of course pwn shit while my havocs take out the door or leman russ and then my troops can pour in... I am so glad he is not taking a demolisher lol...

So who thinks my list will survive?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
that sounds like a fun game, and a bitch for you!

OK, no DP's.

i'd take a Chaos Lord with IoK, wings, TL Lightning Claws.

2 units of Chosen with LC

for Troops i would take 2-3 squads of CSM with IoK or IoS with flamer, Champs with PW.

Fast Attack, at least two squads of Raptors with IoK/IoS two melta guns. attach the Lord to one of the squads.

for Heavy Support, two Havoc squads at 5 men each, with two LC.

as for your currently list: you could do well, but you could get spanked. you have a lot of plasma, so aside from atttrition, you run an arguably higher chance you could kill yourself with "gets hot!"

flamers are a must: no to hit, and will kill most IG base on pure AP.

the idea for my recommendation is that you'll have potentially EIGHT LC shots to bring down one wall every turn whilst doing surgical strikes with Raptors.

that's probably a lot easier instead of sending a single file of rhinos up a draw bridge.

good hunting.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont get any mech dude, no rhinos for me lol.

was considering the flamers but I decided that I could easily blow the door off with a hail of plasma fire... the walls are sectioned too so if i take out a piece of the wall it removes one section so the sides have 3 sections I target the section I want to blow out and then rush in butt he thing is that the castle is on a foundations 3" tall so I getting up to the wall would take about 50% of a squads movement... I was considering taking out 2 squads of csm for a squad of Tsons and a squad of zerkers but Idk if i have the points to move around or not I am at work so no codex, if any one has any revised lists I would like to see them keep in mind for the Attacker( me ) No mech(this means no dreds, preds, rhinos, landraiders), No lash, no special characters, No Deepstriking no oblits! CSM lists only please

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well, for your little challenge, I think Havocs are a little mis-placed. And considering you are removing obliterators, I would say you are leaving the heavy support section void - leave the dealing of armor with other forces.

Namely, Chosen. They can infiltrate close and deal with the leman russ allowing the rest of your army to move up unhindered by the battle cannons.

I also think, all in all, plague marines would be the best choice for charging a 'king of the hill' fortification. They aren't slow like thousand sons, and you should be able to grab cover on the way up. And they certainly can take most punishment dealt to them.

Also, a Lord on bike with a daemon weapon along with nurgle bikers with 2 meltas could be a great way to charge into their lines.

Tooling up a 1500 list for you, seing as you are without your codex atm, it would look a little something like this - that is, if I was to make the list. It could perfectly well work with regular CSM as well, and less chosen but with Havocs included etc.

Code:
Unnamed1500 Pts  -   Chaos Space Marines Army

1 Chaos Lord (HQ) @ 160 Pts
     Bolt Pistol (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

7 Plague Marines (Troops) @ 234 Pts
     Mark of Nurgle; ; Blight Grenades; Feel No Pain; Bolt Pistol (x7); CC
     Weapon (x7); Bolter (x6); Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Plague Champion @ [63] Pts
          Blight Grenades; Feel No Pain; Mark of Nurgle; Bolt Pistol (x1);
          Power Fist (x1); Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

6 Plague Marines (Troops) @ 211 Pts
     Mark of Nurgle; ; Blight Grenades; Feel No Pain; Bolt Pistol (x6); CC
     Weapon (x6); Bolter (x5); Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

6 Plague Marines (Troops) @ 211 Pts
     Mark of Nurgle; ; Blight Grenades; Feel No Pain; Bolt Pistol (x6); CC
     Weapon (x6); Bolter (x5); Meltagun (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

6 Chosen Chaos Space Marines (Elites) @ 158 Pts
     Bolt Pistol (x6); CC Weapon (x6); Bolter (x1); Meltagun (x4); Meltagun;
     Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

4 Chaos Bikers (Fast Attack) @ 202 Pts
     Mark of Nurgle; Icon Bearer; Bolt Pistol (x4); CC Weapon (x2); Meltagun
     (x2); Combi-Bolter (x4); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

Models in Army: 45

Total Army Cost: 1492
Glory to Chaos, brother.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My thought was that If they had a Sorcerer with them the tsons wouldn't be slow and purpose full because the sorcerer commands rule... Also I HAVE A SHEAR HATRED FOR ANYTHING DEALING WITH NURGLE! I just find the miniatures ugly and I really really really will never field them. MoT units in my opinion are better. PM are 4(5) toughness meaning a krak missile still kills them out right if I am correct since the (5) doesn't apply to insta death... however Invul saves = win. In addition tsons all have a 4+ invul according to the entry I am reading...

Plus inferno bolts rock against my friend's GK allied units... (i just found out he was using them for this battle because he thinks I will be running my DP)

·
Registered
592 Posts
My thought was that If they had a Sorcerer with them the tsons wouldn't be slow and purpose full because the sorcerer commands rule... Also I HAVE A SHEAR HATRED FOR ANYTHING DEALING WITH NURGLE! I just find the miniatures ugly and I really really really will never field them. MoT units in my opinion are better. PM are 4(5) toughness meaning a krak missile still kills them out right if I am correct since the (5) doesn't apply to insta death... however Invul saves = win. In addition tsons all have a 4+ invul according to the entry I am reading...

Plus inferno bolts rock against my friend's GK allied units... (i just found out he was using them for this battle because he thinks I will be running my DP)
Rock on my Tzeentchian friend ;)

But keep in mind, the Thousand Sons are Slow And Purposeful. The Sorcerer does nothing with that, and they count as initiative 1 on the charge due to no grenades.

Otherwise, my advise still stands :p The Chosen are a really prime to de-tooth the Guard Player by allowing you to take out key objects (IE: The Leman Russes) before they get to fire (if you go first, of course.)

And you know, the Thousand Sons should be the ones with FNP :\

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
rhinos aside, i still maintain what i said earlier. you said the castle walls are AV 14; how are you break that down with plasma?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I listed before that the doorway/drawbridge was AV10 so I can blow the door off with the plasmas breaking down the walls is a last ditch effort with the lascannons or missle launchers. But the bonus is that the leman russ could accidently blow one of the walls with the blast scatter... but even then I am depending on my Raptors and Sorc pwing platoon after platoon.... I am willing to adjust my list slightly if it is feesible

·
Registered
941 Posts
then try two squads of 8 raptors, 2 flamers, a champ w/ twin claws, and MoK! that'll destroy "platoon after platoon":biggrin:

·
Registered
592 Posts
then try two squads of 8 raptors, 2 flamers, a champ w/ twin claws, and MoK! that'll destroy "platoon after platoon":biggrin:
I still think Bikers would be more viable for that situation, considering they can always grab a coversave if they aren't within a viable charge into their infantry.
And T5 is nothing to scoff at, considering most of guard shooting is the S3 lasgun. If you go up to T6, even plasma gets reduced to only a 3+ to wound.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I guess to each his own.:biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts