Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ
Chaplain w/ term armour, storm bolter and digital weapons.

Elite
Grey knights terminators (5 man)
Brother Captain w/ Psychic hood
4 terminators w/ Incinerator

Troops
Grey knights (9 man)
Justicar w/ Refractor field
8 grey knights w/ Incinerator

Scout squad (5 man)
sniper rifles, missile launcher and camo cloaks

Tactical squad (full squad)
srg w/ power fist
plasma and rocket

Fast attack
Assualt Squad (full squad)
srg power fist
2 flamers

Heavy support
Land raider redeemer w/ Multi melta

this comes out to 1500 points exactly, I haven't played since 3rd edition and would like to know what modern players think of this build, any kind of criticism is helpful.

also any suggestions for different units? I have a 5 man scout squad with bolters and a heavy bolter, 2 tactical full man squads, command squad, honour guard (4 men) rhino apc, 15 regular terminators(not assault, I will get a 5 man squad shortly) 2 land speeders, 1 dreadnought, 5 man sternguard and librarian/captain/ Calgar models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im not a huge fan of assault marines generally when something is on the table worth assaulting they lack the power to really make a difference in most cases your better of shooting it

sure they're mobile but thats about it i think you would be better of with speeders or a dread

just my opinion

besides that it looks like a pretty solid list

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
The only tank I see on the field is the LR... I think you're in for some trouble. Once the LR goes, all the good AP stuff goes to the termies...

Most balanced lists can do mech or horde well... I may be wrong, but I don't see this as a successful build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the land raider is there to transport the terminators safely, I know it will get shot up but that is the plain for the assault marines to flank safely as well, as the two squads of marines go up the middle, and the sniper scouts are their to pin dangerous counter assault models.

do you think a vanguard veteran squad would be worth the points?

I have the alternate list that I considered that focused on more models.

HQ
Chaplain
term armour storm bolter and digital weapons.

Librarian
Epistolary
Term armour storm bolter

Troops
Grey knights (9 man)
Justicar w/ Refractor field
Incinerator

Scout squad (5 man)
missle camo cloaks

Tactical squad (10 man)
srg power fist
flamer and rocket
w/
Rhino that has Extra armour

Tactical squad (10 man)
plasma and rocket

Elite

Grey knights terminators (5 man)
Brother Captain
Incinerator

Dreadnought
Assault cannon
Missile launcher

·
Registered
220 Posts
i say drop the plasma tac squad, the chaplain, the epistolary version of the librarian, make your dread more focused, either a close combat weapon w/ storm bolter and assault cannon, or tllc and the ml (i vote this one), and maybe even dropping the scout squad. 1500 points with 4 scoring units should suffice, though maybe keep the sniper scouts, just add in 2 more to make sure their efforts are a definite. Then bump your grey knights up to ten and give them mobility (ps. i don't know much about grey knights weaponry) and use remaining points to add fire support for your termies and scoring units. Another shooty dread maybe, which will a make having just one less of a target.

my 2 pennies x 2 = 4 pennies.com

·
Registered
353 Posts
Gray knights have special rules that allow them to be fielded in imperial armies. So talking to the guy like hes an idiot is sort of well..idiotic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gray knights have special rules that allow them to be fielded in imperial armies.

you would still need an inquisitor. Look at pg. 21 of the daenonhunters codex, in the grey box. i know it says may be taken but they wont be near the inducted marines ie: scouts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gray knights have special rules that allow them to be fielded in imperial armies. So talking to the guy like hes an idiot is sort of well..idiotic.
i dunno if you meant me. if so, just so you know i didn't mean it that way and hope that he didn't take it that way. i'm just modifying the build the way i saw it. Even not knowing the grey knights that well i don't feel my adjustments we're to far off the map or insulting. :so_happy:

cheers and i hope no worries tomatoes!

lou

1 - 9 of 9 Posts