shuriken cannon

Wave Serpent 145
tl bright lances, spirit stone

5 Fire Dragons 97
exarc, dragons breath

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
have you thought about maybe using a Cheapseer instead of Eldrad, or just adding Eldrad to the Banshees and increasing the number of Banshees and dropping the Warlocks?

IMO if you're going to use a Death Star unit it's better to have one strong one instead of two small weaker ones.

Eldrad + Jain Zar + 10 Banshees FTW.

besides, if you include Eldrad with the Banshees he should receive Jain Zar's bonuses, and that would make an Enhance Warlock pointless.

dropping all those points should enable you take more Troops (change out your Guardians + points from Warlocks for two DAVU's for mor mech).

cetainly keep your Jetbikes, and keep them in Reserves for last unit grabs but they need at least on Chin Cannon for rear arc armor glances on that last minute grab.

even if you don't change much from the list, two Emboldens in your Council is a bit of a waste. i'd try to spam Destructors at least.

good hunting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man.

While I agree on principle that one powerful unit is better than two weaker ones. These two units actually serve two very different purposes.

The Seers are exellent at smashing vehicles,walkers, and lightly armored troops, while the banshees are great at murdering heavily armored troops.

The locks with fortune are very survivable and serve as kind of a shield (tie up unit) while the banshees work as the sword.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
true, but i don't think either can withstand sustained firepower that will make them ineffective, at least not the Banshees.

and let's face it, your local FLGS players have become adept at killing non Fortuned Eldar.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Seer council

Here are the things I would modify: Give the guys with enhance and embolden the spears. Leave the two with no abilities just swords for wound removal. I would take one of the emboldens and make it a destructor. (embolden/spear, enhance/spear, destructor/sword x2, sword x2)

I would look at giving the guardians a scatter laser or EML for better range to sit on an object.

I do not see the jetbikes surviving at all. Look at switching out your bikes for another guardian squad or rangers.

The fire dragons I would drop to 5 and an exarch with the dragons breath.

Now the hard question...Is the Falcon your best choice here? I would almost go for a WS and spend the extra points on another or improving troop choices.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
true, but i don't think either can withstand sustained firepower that will make them ineffective, at least not the Banshees.

and let's face it, your local FLGS players have become adept at killing non Fortuned Eldar.

good hunting.
The trick there is to make effective use the wave serpents and not have the units shot at by a ton of small arms fire until they are ready to assault. I know that's easier sad than done, but I've become pretty adept at it.

And as far my FLGS peeps killing eldar go, despite a bad day or two, I still have by far the best overall record in that crew, so I'll take my chances:p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seer council

Here are the things I would modify: Give the guys with enhance and embolden the spears. Leave the two with no abilities just swords for wound removal. I would take one of the emboldens and make it a destructor. (embolden/spear, enhance/spear, destructor/sword x2, sword x2)

I would look at giving the guardians a scatter laser or EML for better range to sit on an object.

I do not see the jetbikes surviving at all. Look at switching out your bikes for another guardian squad or rangers.

The fire dragons I would drop to 5 and an exarch with the dragons breath.

Now the hard question...Is the Falcon your best choice here? I would almost go for a WS and spend the extra points on another or improving troop choices.
I tend to prefer loosing the spears over loosing the swords in the council. I assault with them a lot and the extra attack is nice.

The bikes are indeed fragil. That's why they'll stay in reserve and then the back field until its time to turn 5 turbo boost to objectives.

I like your suggestion about switching the Falcon to a serpent. I'll try that. Also one more Banshee may be more useful than one more dragon.

Thanks man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts