Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1500 point list, let me know what you think?

1 Chaos Lord - Terminator Armour, Axe of Blind Fury, Mark of Khorne.
= 150
*deploys with Terminators via Deepstrike*

10 Chaos Marines - 2 Plasma Guns, Power Fist, Rhino
= 230

10 Chaos Marines - 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist, Rhino
= 220

20 Chaos Cultists - 2 Heavy Stubbers, 18 Autoguns
= 118

Helbrute - Reaper Autocannon
= 105

Helbrute - Reaper Autocannon
= 105

Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsors
= 95

Heldrake - Bale Flamer
= 170

10 Chaos Havocs - 4 Autocannons
= 180

4 Chaos Terminators
= 126

Total = 1499.

I am aware this army lacks multiple anti-tank sources - but with Armour 14 being seldom seen, and many str7 weapons on the board, I am sure hitting a side flank would become possible with some redeploying.

I am also aware that for the cost of the Cultists, I can get 4 bikers, 2 of whom have Meltaguns.
And
By dropping 10 of the cultists, I can buy my Havocs an Aegis defense line.

thoughts?

· Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, yeah - Chaos are pretty shocking at the moment.

Hm, I like the idea about the wargear on the Plasma unit Champion. I usually always take power fists as I like the 'final hour' damage they can output if the unit gets caught.

And yeah, the chainfist etc on the terminators gives me another anti-tank.

Thanks !

· Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The terminators I took/kept cheap to simply be a delivery system for the Lord (who is also quite cheap for what he can do) - the only 2 units I have in reserve are him & termies and then the Heldrake.
I was planning to use them as a reactionary still unit for enemy assaults/deepstrike and attack rearguard units (separately if need be), and use the Heldrake as my proactive reserve.

I know the Jugger-Lord and Spawn retinue is the ideal unit, but I really don't want all my armies to be a rehash of that.

· Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, I see. That is my major concern, that he'll be kited about.

However, my thought in this is, if i can use him to herd the enemy into my autocannons and bale flamer, I think it's worth it. 300 points for the lord & terminators and how much map pressure they have, I feel, is a good deal - an enemy avoiding him is an enemy not shooting at me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.