Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

New to this forum, been playing with some friends locally for a while trying out a few different lists ect... only recently started playing a seer council on jetbikes (Fallen in love!)

anyway, just drafted this list... some feedback would be awsome;

Farseer 163 Jetbike + Spear + Witnessing + Fortune + Stones + Doom
6xWarlock 308 Jetbike + Spear + Embolden + Enhance
Maugan Ra 195
Dire Avenger 152 x10 + Exarch + Bladestorm + Shuriken Catapult x2
Rangers 120 Pathfinders x5
Dark Reapers 207 x5 + Exarch + Tempest Launcher + Crackshot
War Walker x3 240 EML + Bright Lance
Night Spinner 115

This brings it to a total of 1500 points.

Was thinking taking 2 sets of dire avengers instead of rangers (but the rending on the rangers is quite appealing tho very hit and miss)
also unsure about the nightspinner...

Also alot of points on the walkers, and they are quite flimsey...

Cheers!

================

Revised List;

WaveSerpent 135 TLBL
WaveSerpent 135 TLBL
War Walker x3 180 Scatter Laser x6
Fire Prism 160 Holo Field + Spirit Stones
Fire Prism 115
Total: 1500

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think you drop the Dark reapers and use the points to get Wave serpants w/ TLBL for your squads. Also lose the rangers and invest in another Dire avenger squad, Also you NEED scatter lasers on the walkers and defo LOSE the night spinner, its a pile of crap compared to the fire prism. Maugan is over rated and should be replaced with another seer or Asurmen if you want to stick with Dire avenger theme. All this is my personal opinion but if the list you got works for you then dont change it. I still think you will struggle against Meq list tho.

·
Ninja
920 Posts
Drop the dark reapers and maugan ra. Pick up a fire prism or falcon with BL,. Definately grab some fire dragons. Use scatter Lasars on the war walkers. And use holofields and/or Spirit stones on your vehicles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok so something like this?;

WaveSerpent 135 TLBL
WaveSerpent 135 TLBL
War Walker x3 180 Scatter Laser x6
Fire Prism 160 Holo Field + Spirit Stones
Fire Prism 115
Total: 1500
Still not sure about the transports tbh, they look like they will be first things to be targeted.

Second fireprism to stay out of los and just channel into the first....

Asurmen looks kinda pants tbh! - i do quite struggle against Meq Armies, although the reapers chewed through them quite happily (they always were targeted first because of it)

Scatters on the walkers is a good idea, 24 shots at range 36 with str 6 is quite appealing.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i run 9 walkers in my list and never suffer with MEQ lists they are all armed with scatter lasers at 1500 and shurikens at 1000 and then run bike squads 4 more shots and last turn grabbing with a unit of 10 fire dragons if i have the points

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depends who you're playing - that seems to be a good army to play against guard or other lightly armoured armies, but if you're vs SM or tau or mid-heavy armour then you ought to get some fire dragons instead of war walkers, and I think a wraithlord instead of the night spinner would work well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trying to get a list that will be good against anything, got a group of around 10 people that play, in this we have these armies;

2x Eldar
2x Necron
2x SM
2x Orks
1x Nids
- Also used to play tau but he's stopped.

i think we will have a Chaos Daemons & and another SM comming soon aswell

anyway, there was alot of "oh you keep chaning your armies to kill what ever we put on the table" sorta thing lol... so here we are :)

Anyway, updated the first post with the revised list... only thing im unsure about are the transports i think. plus if we play objectives then ill only have 2 capturing units.

9x Walkers would be expensive to buy lol - maybe later on in the year (have 4 atm)

·
Registered
632 Posts
This list is much better, well done. I think you could proberly do well against other Meq armies and dont worry if your transports get targeted, they will have a cover save on them if you go flat out down the table. Then if they doi get killed they will just unload their contents into the enemy ranks. Also consider the flanking move for your walkers, very good for getting to that all important rear armour and wreaking havoc. Dont worry to much about LR as in 1500 points i dont think you will see very many of them, but if you do see one just hit with the TLBL and jetseer with Sing spears. Happy gaming and good luck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
scatter lasers can chew through marines i mean you have the shots mine are ussually supported by guide all the way and i cause enough wounds that even termies start dying
ap doesn't always mater basically

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a note on this - played it 3 times now and won all 3 games....

one was against a full ork mek list
one blood angels
one eldar

Seems to be fairly good all round, although when i face a horde army i think it's gonna struggle a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts