Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This new list is basically straight forward rush forward and kill shit. The lord DS in with the 7 Terminators, thus making the unit the favored number of our most sacred patron. I know I know the list probably needs more Zerkers, however, I am not confident in tabling my enemy if an objective match is rolled. So that is why I only have one unite of Zerkers on the field. However if I take the list up to 1750, I will drop the EA off the dread and have 2 units of Zerkers exactly as listed below for more killy goodness.

HQ:
Chaos Lord - 160 points
Terminator Armour, Mark of Khorne, Bloodfeeder, Combi-melta

Elites:
7 Chaos Terminator Champions - 395 points
Icon Of Khorne, 5 pairs of Lightning Claws, 1 Powerfist W/Combi-melta, 1 Chainfist W/Heavy Flamer

Chaos Dreadnought - 120 points
2 Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer

Troops:
Chaos Space Marine Squad - 275 points
2 Meltaguns, Aspiring Champion W/Power fist & Combi-Melta, Personal Icon, Rhino, Extra Armor

Chaos Space Marine Squad - 280 points
2 Plasmaguns, Aspiring Champion W/Power fist, Personal Icon, Rhino, Extra Armor, Twin-linked Bolter

Khorne Berzerkers - 268 Points
Skull Champion W/Power fist, Personal Icon, Rhino, Daemonic Possession

1498/1500 points

C&C Please

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Not a bad list, just be careful if your deep striking.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
out of curiosity how do you deal with tanks? one unit of two meltas and a single combi-melta shot hardly will do the job. i worry about this list running into anything mechanized.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Chaos Dreadnoughts are shit.
Chaos Termies are shit.
Chaos Lords are shit.
You have no anti-tank.
You have no anti-horde.
Standard Marines are not as good as Cult choices.

The only thing i like about this list is the Squad of Khorne Berserkers; But i must say drop DP and take EA.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chaos Termies are shit.
Chaos Lords are shit.
You have no anti-tank.
You have no anti-horde.

The only thing i like about this list is the Squad of Khorne Berserkers; But i must say drop DP and take EA.
I find your statement to be quite rude. I have anti tank, hence the Pfists and Chain fist, I have anti-horde in the form of standard bolters and 2 H flamers, and the lord can take out an entire squad or two before he goes down, and he still has 7 Termies backign him up. I've got Meltas and Plasmas, thats all the ranged anti-tank I really need. This list is a sound list for friendly games, I never said it was a tourney ready list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chaos Termies are shit.
Chaos Lords are shit.
You have no anti-tank.
You have no anti-horde.

Well I'd have to disagree with the chaos terminators, they can be quite useful (unless your a chosen fan), and the chaos lord, while not the BEST choice can be used nicely to a certain degree

·
4,491 Posts
Chaos Termies are shit.
Chaos Lords are shit.
You have no anti-tank.
You have no anti-horde.

Those sort of comments provide no help whatsoever to the OP.
Its not only rude, but its also incorrect.
Chaos Terminators do have a place in a CSM list, however there are only a handful of ways to run them effectively.

Here is my constructive criticism on the list...

HQ:
Chaos Lord - 160 points
He really needs to be inside a transport. If you wish to keep him, I would consider dropping the Terminator Armour, and trying to fit him in with the Berzerkers. Kharn would be a better option for the points (in my opinion), but you can keep the Lord if you wish. The other option is keeping him how he is and putting him in a Land Raider with 4 Terminators. The final option is a Daemon Prince.

Elites:
7 Chaos Terminator Champions - 395 points
Icon Of Khorne, 5 pairs of Lightning Claws, 1 Powerfist W/Combi-melta, 1 Chainfist W/Heavy Flamer
I would drop this unit down to 5, and put them in a Land Raider with Daemonic Possession. If you want to keep your Lord in Terminator Armour, then i would drop this unit down to 4 so he can fit inside.
Running 4 pairs of Lightning Claws and 1 with Powerfist/Combi-Melta would work well.

Chaos Dreadnought - 120 points
2 Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer
Not really a fan of Chaos Dreadnoughts, but thats just my opinion. If you have success with it, then keep it in the list.

Troops:
2 Meltaguns, Aspiring Champion W/Power fist & Combi-Melta, Personal Icon, Rhino, Extra Armor
Looks ok. Personally i like Plague Marines and Khorne Berzerkers better, but there is nothing "wrong" with vanilla CSM.

Chaos Space Marine Squad - 280 points
2 Plasmaguns, Aspiring Champion W/Power fist, Personal Icon, Rhino, Extra Armor, Twin-linked Bolter
Drop the TL-Bolter.

Khorne Berzerkers - 268 Points
Skull Champion W/Power fist, Personal Icon, Rhino, Daemonic Possession
How many models are in this unit? Im guessing around 8?
If you choose to have a non-Termie Lord or Kharn, this is where id put him.
Also, change the Daemonic Possession to Extended Armour. Ignoring shaken isnt really worth the extra 5 points considering you wont be shooting with it anyway.

1498/1500 points

C&C Please
My advise is in yellow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like it, although the Terminators are going to catch a lot of fire the turn they DS in.

I noticed that you used personal icons for the CSM, which you can't do, you have to give them Chaos Glory, as the cult marines take PI because they don't need the regular icons.

But for the most part, if you fiddle around with the three troop choices, you can give both the CSM squads CG icons, and EA on all your Rhinos.

You could change the Dread around to be a long range firing point (I.E. ML and PC) but his firing frenzy might eat you Rhinos >.>

That's my two bits, hope you find it helpful.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Madness? This! Is! 1,500 points of SPARTA! :wink:

I would recommend that you switch the personal icons to, with some fiddling, Icons of Chaos Glory.

I'm really not a fan of dreadnoughts either, and think of defilers as both more reliable and cooler models, but...your choice, really. I'd rather have control of my model all the time, rather than merely two-thirds of it.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Those sort of comments provide no help whatsoever to the OP.
Its not only rude, but its also incorrect.
I disagree, when someone makes 400 lists a day, and never learns from the advice from the last 2,400 lists of the week, it gets quite tiresome.

And frankly the only use for terminators in a CSM army is for body guards, and he dosn't have a character which needs TEQ bodyguards, so they're a waste of time.

·
4,491 Posts
And frankly the only use for terminators in a CSM army is for body guards, and he dosn't have a character which needs TEQ bodyguards, so they're a waste of time.
I beg to differ.
A unit of 3 Terminators with combi-meltas can be quite effecive.
Deep strike them in and pop a Land Raider, Leman Russ, Battlewagon, whatever, and then tie up the enemy for a turn (or 2 if your lucky).
Fairly good investment for 105 points. Shits all over MeltaChosen.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well then i s'pose the difference there is that I NEVER deepstrike, as a chaos player.

Never had any good results from 'Striking, no matter what. So i just don't do it with Chaos... Hence why i've started BA, because i want to be able to DS, but with a reason, and with success.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yes, and i've tried that. But It's those damn reserve rolls. Never get it right.

Having Abaddon and 5 Termies not come down until turn 5. In a 1,500 point list.
-It's just brutal.

I think you gotta try and minimalise what goes wrong, to the point where you can happily play an even game, where one player isn't just getting extremely unlucky.
Even if it benefits you, it's no fun playing a game against someone who's not enjoying themselves.

Now we've hijacked this guys thread. So i apolagise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I usually have a problem deep striking large termi squads. Normally I stick to 3-4 man drop squads with either combi meltas or a heavy flamer with combi flamers to roast troop's. deep strike and cook 'em so they don't have much to shoot back with. And if the assault... you have 2+ saves and power weapons. I would drop one at the very least and trade out that 'naught for a defiler or a two man oblit squad. Your list is very choppy choppy but you lack much needed shooty shooty.

Not sure what the other guy is smoking, but you have 4 other icons you can grab other then chaos glory. If you are taking troops just to take troops ,those points in icons could be used elsewhere.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I agree that CSM Termies are inferior. They would be a little less inferior with a good transport, except that CSM Land Raiders are also inferior. However I also agree that their sole use as Termicide units of three with combi meltas can work well, especially in a list like this that lacks anti-tank. You can't rely on CC weapons for your anti-tank. If the tanks moves 6", your chance to hit is cut in half. If it moves 12", you don't have a hope. Either close range meltas or long range fire support are required in 5th edition with an emphasis on mechanization. And we have great sources of both.

Our Dreads are also not great. Friendly play or no, they just suck. Lords can be fun, though a bloodfeader is quite an all or nothing gamble for me. If you want a CC beast, take a Tzeentch WT/WoC DP. And cult troops really are the way to go. Use plague marines to get meltas and plasmas on the table.

You may be trying to get away from the more widely used CSM choices, but the codex has some really poor performers when you wander away these.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
The concept of a khorne lord in terminator armour with LC termies backing him is quality. . . . . unfortunately the reality is far from the destruction and havoc you imagine! I recently picked up zhufor and some khornate terimes (joy) the first game I ran them LR gets totaled first turn and they promptly get shot to fuck as they footslog accross! Won't use them again till I play apoc! Anyway, I would be tempted to drop the termies as they are close combat orientated and your first arrival turn you cant assault so they are a sitting duck and thats alot points to throw into a pincushion squad!
Keep the dreas infact put another in! Love them so much! I know you stated your reserve about a second zerker unit but you should throw another one in! And get some PM's instead of the nilla squad! I would also be tempted to throw in kharn!! With a little tweaking this looks like a quality assault frenzy army!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Even More Madness, I would of used possessed, but they cost to many points for me. Deep Striking the Lord and his clawed friends will be risky, but, I am confident that they won't die the turn they come in. My plan is to Ds them near khârn's squad which hopefully will be locked in CC and use the CC as a screen from shots... the next turn have the termies join the cc or move on to another target.

I'm Using dreadnoughts because this list is for friendly fun... for instance I've played this list against a friend's Loganwing several times amd come out on top. Other times he tables me. Its really an all or nothing game of fun and chaos. This list in particular is a smash faces list as you can either smash your enemy or your own face in. There is no real tactics I run for this list either. I literally just charge and kill. Its so simple.

HQ:
Chaos Lord - 160 points

Khârn the Betrayer - 165 points

Elites:
3 Chaos Terminator Champions - 180 ponts
Wound allocation load out:
Champ-Paired LC, Champ-Paired LC & IoK, Champ-Chainfist & Heavy Flamer

Chaos Dreadnought - 100 points
Multi-melta

Chaos Dreadnought - 105 points
Plasma Cannon

Troops:
2 Meltaguns, Aspiring Champion W/Power fist & Combi-Melta, Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino, Extra Armor

Khorne Berzerkers - 263 Points
Skull Champion W/Power fist, Personal Icon, Rhino, Extra Armor(8 models)

Khorne Berzerkers - 242 Points
Skull Champion W/Power fist, Personal Icon, Rhino, Extra Armor(7 models)

1500/1500 points

·
Registered
803 Posts
This list does look a little better. I still think the 3 Termies should have combi-meltas, or at least one of them. Keep that melta Dread away from the other and have fun =)

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Much more fun! Kharn check! 2 squads of zerkers double check! but the dreads what are you doing man! (in my opinion of course) They need EA, HF and for goodness sake drop hem poxy weapons and give the dccw! Now thats charge forward assault joy! Khorne will look down upon your machines of destruction and bless you with 6's!
On a slightly saner note you could prob lose the EA on the nilla squad but other than that I like it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts