Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[1500][Tournament][Ulthwe]
Cormer Kurom Ulthwe (Black Dragon of Ulthwe)

HQ- Farseer Kurom larstill, Runes of witnessing, spirit stones, fortune, doom 140
HQ- Farseer,Same as above 140

Elites-(5+1) Scorpians, Shadowstrike, Stalker, Scorpians Claw 148

Troops-(6+1) Dire Avengers, 2x Shuri-catapults, Bladestorm 114
Troops-10 Guardians, Brightlance platform, Warlock, Conceal 150
Troops-17 Guardians, Scatterlaser platform, Warlock conceal 191

Fast Attack-(4+1) Swooping Hawks, Sunrifle, Skyleap 147
Fast Attack-(4+1) Warp Spiders, Pwr. Blades, 2x D. Spinner, Withdraw 152

Hvy Support- Falcon, Spirit Stones, Holo-Field, Scatterlaser 175
Hvy Support- 4 Dark reapers, reaper launcher 140

1500 pts, 56 models+1tank
have a tournie a week from sunday. I need help all comments welcome.

·
Registered
333 Posts
A few suggestions:

Drop Infiltrate from the scorpions and ride them in the Falcon.
Drop 7 guardians.
With the points saved bulk up your Warp Spiders and/or Dire Avengers. Neither have the numbers to make best use of their expensive Aspect powers, putting the Avengers up to 8 or 10 and the Spiders up to at least 6 or prefereably 8 will make them much more effective.
The Swooping hawks I'm not a fan of in general, but I'd suggest Intercept over Skyleap and using them as a small fast tank assault squad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. Thanks. Little thing. In my experience riding the scorps in the falcon never turns out very good. I can get them closer on the first turn using infiltrate then i can with the falcon. I was thinking of dropping the hawks all together for another guardian squad. What do you think of that?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
what kinda tournies rules are in place? I agree that dropping the bigger guardian squad down. I'd make both 11 strong, with the warlocks they'll be 12 strong which will be ideal for scoring units/vp/morale purposes. If you think there is likely to be a reasonable amount of scenery then i'd give the warlock embolden. In my experience the re-roll will help you out more than conceal, but if your playing in the desert then conceal could have its uses.

Im not sure if both farseers are needed, but i would at least drop ROW on one of them as a second one is wasted most of the time. Have you considered Eldrad? i think if you want lots of powers he will serve you very well. His redeployment is awesome as well AND he'll be freeing you up some points.

Those points could be spent to beef up some of your aspect squads.

I think you could do with adding the Scannon upgrade to the falcon, after all its a battletank and should be able to throw its weight around. In the list i think it doesn't quite fit, as the only thing that take high str weapons to take out it will probably be stopped from shooting every other turn. If your playing an in your face army that can work as the opp has other threats facing him, or in mech where there are other similar units on the board.

Overall i think the list could do with some more answers to enemy armour on the board, and the units of aspects are a little small and could end up getting taken out very quickly. It has a nice mix of stuff in though but it really depends on what type of armies you think you will play against.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its mostly IG ,Marines and CSM. No special charcters. Alpha rules. Either Cleanse, take and hold, or quarters.

·
Banned
677 Posts
It looks pretty good and rounded. Just make sure that you use the peices and terrain right againt not so rounded forces. Definitely a few Fortune rolls for those Scorps will be needed, so keep one close.

Khaine

·
Registered
221 Posts
There isn't a whole lot of punch in there.

Guardians don't count for much, and you've got a lot of odd-man squads which will kill you when you're taking casualites. In a squad of five, you lose two guys and you're half strength.

Farseers look good.

Scorpions will get shredded, as was previously mentioned. If you're going to take them, try to fit 8 of them in there (7 and the exarch) and keep the powerclaw.

7 Dire Avengers will usually just die in a round or two of unlucky shooting.

Brightlance on Guardians? Waste of points. A single shot BS3 weapon. Bleh. Drop 7, if you want to keep them in.

Scatterlaser guardians look fine.

5 Hawks will do you nothing. They're still pretty terrible to begin with, but you can drop a plate and skyleap out the same turn, so.

You need some more insurance on those Spiders. Five of them just won't do. Drop Withdraw and the Powerblades: you're not using the Spiders right if they end up in combat unless you charge something you know you can kill.

Falcon looks good
Reapers are solid as well.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
In alpha Its all about missions so i don't think you can go wrong then going with a few small jetbike units. At taking objectives they are invaluable. I really think You need more armour kill so i would suggest a wraithlord with brightlance EML. efficient, tough, and will always start in alpha. Babysit with warlock led guardians who can provide a rain of fire with scatterlasers and shuriken catapults.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. i'll try it and let ya know how it turns out. thanks 4 all the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts