heavy

preadator
las turret
bolter sponsors

havocs
2 lascannons
1 missle laucher
1 heavy bolter

tell me what u think this isnt a set list i may change my preadators guns up and same for the havocs. :biggrin:

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Good Evening Heretic

Well let see here... these are my suggestions:

Lord: I recommend a daemon prince with wings. If you have a the points I'd get the MoS. Lords cost almost the same as daemon princes.... you may as well just get the daemon prince.

Terminators: To be honest your trying to much with this unit. Unfortunately, these make for easy target and their is essentially no effective way to use them in the game. If you still want to use them, the most effective way is termicide. Which is essentially dividing those into two units and finding an extra terminator. Three terminators each with combi-meltas. Basically a cheap way to deep strike your terminators and blow up expensive vehichals.

Chaos Space Marine Troop Choices: In the new way the CSM Codex works, you either chose long range or close range to get best effectiveness in your unit. So you should either get two meltas, or two plasma guns, or a plasma gun with a rocket launcher. Also recommend the marks. They essentially work like veteran abilities.

Bezerkers: Melta Bombs are not reliable. Also the plasma pistols are to much of a risk if they can kill four attacks worth of a bezerker. I'd exchange that power weapon for a powerfist. Last but not least, this unit needs a rhino with extra armor. Emphasis on NEEDS.

Plague Marines: Melta Bombs are not reliable. I'd switch the power weapon for a power fist. Probably could also go for another plasma gun. This unit needs to be in cover for sure if your not going to put it in a rhino.

Predator:Needs daemon possession.

Good Luck Heretic

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good advice so far. if you're going to run this as a fluffy Black Legion list, get rid of the Daemon Weapon on the Lord, and give all your termies meltas, and preferably IoT.

now you can deepstrike via icon and stand a chance to survive.

the DP, as it was pointed out however, may be a better choice.

two special weapons for the CSM is a must.

no melta bombs on the 'Zerkers, theirs is to spill blood, not open tin cans and drop the plasma pistols. that should pay for a PF in the squad.

the PMs should use two special weapons as well; i'd recommend plasma.

the Pred looks OK, but you need to make all your Havocs be able to shoot at the same target. i'd go with all Autocannons, or ML.

decent list. i'd seriously reconsider with your HQ and Troops, but with a bit of luck you could actually do fair with this build.

good hunting.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The Predator needs all Las with DP
The Havocs all need to be LC, maybe a ML to make it a little cheaper but since you are lacking anti AV13-14 you will probably need the LC.
You want PF on all your champs and drop the Meltabombs.
Drop the Termis or since you don't have a LR to move them.
Drop the ML on the CSM and give them Meltaguns instead. Never mix Heavy with Assault.
And just in case you forgot to include this get some Rhinos asap.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
If you are going to run 3 Termis it might as well be termicide. Personally, it isn't worth it. Termis are just no fun unless you have a few to deal the hurt. Three can't deal enough hurt, might as well not have them.
I know what you mean, but if the opponent did have a vindicator, predator, or even land raider he could get his points worth. Not to mention the unit would absorb fire power or at least distract a close combat unit. The terminators would get whipped out obviously (hence the name termicide) but it would be a waste for your opponent.

This unit is best used if you scouted out your opponent/s and you knew they were going to use some expensive vehichals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts