Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yeah. I've never actually played against dark eldar before, let alone with my nids. One of my buddies just bought around 7k points off of ebay so he's not exactly a veteran DE player but still I'm not really sure what to bring. I know I should avoid monstrous creatures, seeing as poison wont care about my toughness. I dont have a list currently but this is what I'm thinking of doing. Keep in mind I literally have no idea what he will bring.

HQ: Torn between flyrant and morty. the flyrant should be harder to hit and give me some AA, but morty is cheaper and has his own benefits.

Elites: I'm thinking podding zoans and venomthropes

Fast attack: adrenal gland gargoyles. spam the hell out of them. They're fast and can easily get the 2-3 glances needed to down a skimmer by shooting and CC. Maybe a harpie? <--- thoughts on this?

Troops: ugh, no idea. On one hand I'm thinking podding devil gaunts, to glance stuff but on the other hand thats really expensive and I want to keep things cheap.

Heavy support: I've heard biovores are good against DE, after you get them out of the transport just bomb them. Dunno what else.

So those are my thoughts. Can something like this work?
-Arcticor

edit: thrown together a rough list. key word rough.

Flyrant, devs, hive commander 285
20 hormagaunts + adrenal 160
20 hormagaunts + adrenal 160
16 devilgaunts 160 (outflanking)
20 gargoyles + adrenal 140
2 zoans, pod 160
2 zoans, pod 160
total: 1505

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i would get rid of the gargoyles, and replace one set with 3/4 shrike with laswhips, expensive but very effective you just need to protect them alittle bit.
i would spend point on hivegaurd, their guns ignore cover so no jink(if hes De he should be bringing alot of skimmers.
also 2 mawlocs work very well with the doom o malantai. and at 1500 point you should have a doom in. you dont need to pay for the t/guants pay for a tevigon and get them that way.
nid really are still a good army, i run mine all CC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts