Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Not too long ago I wanted to take a break from Eldar and go for an easier to play army. First thought being marines since I thought I could make an easy paint scheme. One thing led to another and thanks to Heresy I was led to a website showing a lot of tiger striped marines called the fighting tigers of veda. I loved the background the guy had come up with so I pinched it. Here is a draft army list. Feel free to comment although remember that this is a budget army. Therefore saying comments along the lines of products that I would need to buy individually for a large price is just not going to happen. On to the army list:

HQ

Kshatriya Gurav Chopra (space marine captain armed with a storm bolter, relic blade and artificer armour)-148 points

accompanied by Singh Squad (command squad including a company champion, company banner, apothecary and 1 plasma gun)-160 points

Riding in a Maneater (razorback armed with twin linked lascannons)-75 points

Elites

5 Tigers of Indra (sternguard veteran squad including a power fist on sergeant Gobind and a combi-plasma)-155 points

Riding in a Maneater (razorback armed with twin linked lascannons)-75 points

Troops

10 Tigers of Rudra (tactical marines including a heavy bolter and flamer, veteran sergeant Mo kabir has a bolt pistol and chainsword)-170 points

riding in a Maneater (rhino with extra armour)-50 points

10 Tigers of Rudra (tactical marines including a missile launcher and a flamer, veteran sergeant Harris Khan has a bolt pistol and chainsword)-170 points

riding in a Maneater (rhino with extra armour)-50 points

Heavy Support

Sabretooth (space marine whirlwind)-85 points

Tyger, Tyger (space marine vindicator)-115 points

5 Tigers of Agni (devastators armed with 2 missile launchers and 2 plasma cannons, veteran sergeant Sajj Imran has a bolter and signum)-170 points

riding in a Maneater (razorback armed with twin linked lascannons)-75 points

total is 1498 points

Main tactics show that this is a static army that shoots a lot. However the numerous transports not only support the theme that this is a hunting party but it allows my army to go on the offensive when fighting more shooty armies (imperial guard and tau come to mind) More often than not when defending the captain and his retinue are tasked with halting a unit it can take on before it attacks my gun line. The rhinos also offer flank protection in this static setup, protecting my flanks from outflankers for a turn at least.

·
Registered
720 Posts
That is a pretty cool back ground. And the list sounds pretty solid. The only thing id really think about changing is the Vindicator and Devies into auto/las preds. But that can be a little expensive if you dont already have them.

But really cool theme. Can i get the web site? it might be cool to see.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the website is called www.fightingtigersofveda.com

I suggest looking through the codex section first.

I have not bought anything yet. The vindi also supports my armies ability to move forward should the need require.

The devastators give one of my few responses to anti horde. I do not think that auto/las preds are needed since I already use 3 twin-linked lascannons, a vindi, the captain's relic blade, the sternguards power fist and multiple missile launchers I believe that I have enough anti-tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts