Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Working on my core list of 1500 points. I would love to hear some feedback on what everyone thinks. I am also looking for sidebar suggestions. This is meant to be a well rounded list. Any opponent any mission.

H.Q.:
chaos lord
plasma pistol
deamon weapon
personal icon 150 pts

Elite:
5 chosen
Champion w/power weapon
2 flamers 125

5 possessed
Champion 140

Dreadnaught
Plasma cannon 105

Troop:
10 chaos marines
bolters
icon of chaos glory
heavy bolter
plasma gun
Rhino w/demonic possession 240

10 Marines
CC and bolt pistol
Champion w/power weapon
Icon of chaos glory
2 flamers
Rhino w/demonic possession 255

Fast:
6 raptors
Champ with plasma pistol
and power weapon
2 melta guns 185

Heavy:
2 obliterators 150

Defiler
reaper and extra cc 150

Total: 1500

It has good mobility when there are objectives or table quarters. My favorite tactic is the refused flank anchoring with the dreadnaught and marine squad with heavy bolter while pushing hard on the other side. some times deepstriking the oblits and raptors depending on situation.

all comments and suggestions welcome
thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you want to just get your marines somewhere use EA, if you want the vehicles to do saome damage use DP. Also, mak room foryour lord in the rhinos, noreason for a monster like him to footslog

·
Registered
15 Posts
I usually feel like the Raptors are a point soak. I would ditch them and provide some transportation to the chosen and the possesed. Unless you get lucky and get fleet with the posssessed they likely don't make it across the board. With the new vehcile possesion rules that makes Rhinos a nice option.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a good point with the extra armor ill do that.

I tend to agree about raptors but i don't have a third rhino and need another unit of tank hunters. Could use havocks but not mobile enough for this list.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You could use a pread with twin linked lascannon and HB. It provides enough support and also has mobility if you need it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts