Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right i'm gonna be going into my 1st tournament tomorrow nothing major but still, i've been playing 40k about 6 weeks now and currently have 3 wins and 2 draws, the force i'm taking is far from optimal no LR for my termi's n so on ( i'm bassically fielding all the models i own) so onto the list.

HQ: 320
Librarian Terminator Armour, Epistolary, SS, Gate/Vortex

Chaplain Terminator Armour

Troops: 530
Tac Squad ML, F, Razorback
Serg with Teleport Homer

Tac Squad ML, F, Rhino
Serg with Teleport Homer

Scout Squad 3x Snipers 1x ML
Serg with Sniper

Elite: 400

Termiator Squad 4x Storm Bolters
Serg Storm Bolter + PW

Assault Terminator Squad 3x TH/SS 2x LC

Heavy: 245

Predator AC/LS

Vindicator Siege Shield

Total = 1495

The game is gonna have 5 objectives that is about all I know, so my idea is to keep assault termies n chaplain in reserve n drop em in on a Tac sqaud that needs help or maybe DS deep into the enemy's half and hope they weather the storm that is bound to hit em, and then have normal termies and lib hang back and use gate to bounce between the tac sqauds that need the most help.

So what do you guys think? I see i'm short on anti tank so possibly could drop Epistolary for TLL on the pred but then i'd loose the opportuniy of gateing my lib n droppin a vortex bomb on the opposition, never used vortex so wondering if it's worth it.

Anyway what you lads think? Is it gonna be a total disaster or do I have anychance what so ever :p

Thanks.
Psy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
for a guy playing for 6 weeks or so that is a damn good list!

i like it alot, i like terminators, and like a mix of assaults and normal,

i assume the tact with the razorback will be combat squad and camping with the scouts on home objective?

only realy critism i might say is a lack of scoring units, but i cant see a way of adding another one in without loosing an important aspect of your list. dropping a terminator squad i think would defeat the purpose of the second, as 1 terminator squad is relatively easy to avoid, or lock in combat, where-as two makes your opponent think about what he's doing and if he's going to be charged by 10 terminators.

i think the balance of troops and tanks is good.

i think that is a competitive list, but i would be almost tempted to take a captain or another librarian instead of the chaplains as i don't like them on vanilla marines.

good luck!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Why the regular Termies if they have no heavy weapon? If you could make them into more TH/SS Terms you could walk up an extremely potent deathstar.

Walking Termies is slow going, so consider making the rest of your army shootier to help slow down their prey or include Shrike to boost their mobility. Teleporting is risky.

Vindy + Termies that want to assault = potential bad scatter. Get another Pred or some Speeders.

Lot of points sunk into footslogging Terminators , or unreliable reserves.

·
Registered
153 Posts
good list for a new player, take it to the tourney and use it as a learning experience, but for future reference: get a land raider for the termies..in a competitive environment there are plenty of things to kill them...also at 1500pts stay away from small uber expeensive units, too mch of your force can be sunk into awesome units..think th ss termies in a lr at 1500 pts = 1/3 of your army, not good if domething wipes them...anyway good luck, and have fun

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks lads, as I said it is far from optimal as I haven't had chance to buy the other stuff I need yet.
I would like either a cyclone or AC for the termies but they're from AoBR so SB's is all they came with, so just gonna have a crack at it n see what happens :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
don't think so.. could be wrong, but i agree with chumbalaya and the heavy weapons, completely forgot.

also with the scatter, if you are DS'ing in you do have teleport homers, and aslong as your transports don't get owned, you should be okay and them walking for only a little while!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts