15x boyz
shootas
big shoota
Nob BP PK

HEAVY SUPPORT

6 Killa Kanz w rokkits

Morkanaut w grot riggers

10 lootas

one of the big meks walks with the kanz and the other one behind the morkanaut but with in reach of the kanz. obviously they are there for repairs as well as making sure the KFF's can cover them without having to have them bunched up (face a lot of pie plates in my meta). the burnas ride in the morkanaut so the mek can assist in repairs if needed. lootas keep the flyers honest and can be a good target draw as well. and the boyz are there for crowd control and just to annoy the living bejesus out of people, oh and to get objectives as required.

i'm banking on the heavy support section drawing the most of the fire giving them 3 major target options.

so what do you guys think

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I am not sure I think you may have problems since the boys are foot slooging it they may be victim to the pie plates. For me the best way to beat pie plates is either close the distance so battlewagons, trukks, deep strikers, scout moving deffkoptas or out shoot them. Either way with this list I don't see it happening.

If you are going to take the Morkanaut why not give it a KFF freeing up your big mek to cover other things?

Right now my favorite combo for drawing firepower is a Gorkanaut with a big mek inside with a kff and Da fixer uppa tools. If I have the points I give him mega armour as well. I usually nominate him as my warlord as well so if my opponent wants slay the warlord he has to destroy the Gorkanaut. But this give the Gorkanaut a kff save, plus grot riggers fix things and the mek fixes things and restores hull points. Plus the Gorkanaut puts out a ton of firepower.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was planning on putting one of KFF bigmeks (as the warlord) inside until i read that if the KFF is inside a vehicle it only confers the save to that vehicle no bubble. so that is why i was running him behind the walker in base contact so he can still repair as well as give the save to nearby units as well. also if the kanz need some help then he can get to one that is close as well. the grot riggers and the burna mek are also inside the naut so there are two repairs a turn there as well.

the other thing i was thinking of doing was as you suggest drop the unit sizes of boyz and put them in trukks as a fast threat factor. so in the face really fast but was then worried about blocking my lines of fire from my heavy support units.

i'll try both ways and see how they go.

the joys of a new codex back to all the experimenting :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts