+Land Raider

Heavy Support:
1x5 devastator squad
+heavy bolter
+plasma cannon
+lascannon
+missile launcher

Total: 1490

Figured I could swap two of the meltas for flamers and take an extra man in the devastator squad. If i'm going anti-infantry I could lose the meltas for flamers and equip the devastator squad with heavy bolters.

I have no idea though. I've not played 40k for ~5 years now and all I've ever really played is Orks. Any and all pointers are welcome. My only limit is that I have to take Lysander. He's just too awesome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
-well first of all you shouldnt list individual upgrade costs, it's against forum rules
-tactical squads can take up to 1 special weapon and up to 1 heavy weapon when they number 10 marines. you can't get 2 of either though.
-devastator squads work best when you take the same weapon for all 4 guys, because otherwise you're wasting shots no matter what you're firing at
-only 6 models in terminator armour can fit inside a land raider. this is fine if you're going to combat squad the termie squad though
-that said, the land raider crusader or redeemer are generally better buys
-also, assault terminators (with thunder hammer/storm shield) are pretty much the best unit in the marines codex. if you're taking the regular ones for your own reasons, that's cool, just know that generally speaking the assault termies will do better.
-lysander is lots of fun; something to consider if you start going with bigger lists is that he is really good with sternguard.
-land raiders work really well with dreadnought or land speeder support. something to consider as well

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I'd forgotten about the Termies counting as 2 for the sake of transport limits. :( Might ditch the other 5 termies for a Rhino for the devastators. (Or maybe Telion & Some scouts.)

Thanks for all the advice. It's a big help. Just out of interest...why is Lysander good with Sternguard? Does his "Bolter Drill" special rule work for their special rounds?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for all the advice. It's a big help. Just out of interest...why is Lysander good with Sternguard? Does his "Bolter Drill" special rule work for their special rounds?
Are they bolters? :) Yes they are, so yes it works. 8-10 Sternguards, and you will take down almost everykind of infantry, bike or MC;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts