Mark of Khorne, Chaos Bike, Blooderfeeder, Combi-Melta

Troops
Khorne Berzerkers - 273 points
Skull Champion, Power Fist, Rhino, Daemonic Possession, Combi-Melta

Khorne Berzerkers - 273 points
Skull Champion, Power Fist, Rhino, Daemonic Possession, Combi-Melta

Fast Attack
Chaos Bikers - 222 points
Bike Champion, Power Fist, x2 Melta, Icon of Khorne (4 models total)

Chaos Bikers - 222 points
Bike Champion, Power Fist, x2 Melta, Icon of Khorne (4 models total)

Heavy Support

Defiler - 150 points
Extra Close Combat arm, Auto-Cannon

1500/1500

I have always wondered if taking bikers was worth it, who knows. I made this list just throw off My friends tau gunline. at 1500 points he generally thinks I will bring standard csm with meltas and never catch him. but this time he has a nother thing coming.. turbo boost to greet him and enjoy my 3++ save against his damn rail guns and then boom next turn hello biker frenzy in the center of his gunline booyah!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
well it looks interesting...

the bikers arnt gonna last very long not with only 4 models, id drop the defiler (iffy i know) & put more bikers in...id also change out 1 melta for each bike squad for a flamer...the most underrated assault weapon ever

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I the idea was 1 lord per squad and turboboost to gunline, enjoy the awesome save and then assault the next turn while the zerkers in their rhino move forward to join the assault. I might dedicate one sqaud of biker for hunting the guys crisis hq and retinue. THey jump away and witht he bikes I can catch them and the Lord can kick the Shas'ass hole's but! all he does is run and shoot. and I can just catch him and eat him alive.

I have never used flamers unless i have to. They arent worth the trouble. flamers for me = no assault they remove the models in assualt range every time. so its not really worth it for me to field them.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
meh its all about preferences (do bikes get a 6 or 12" charge range?...cuz if its 12 ive been screwed out of a few charges)

nonetheless id suggest dropping some unit so that you can simply add in more bikers...more fodder for the lord to stay alive

post the results of the match please

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it's 6" charge, 12" move, and of course, the ever loving ability to turbo boost.

i like where you're going, but i can't help but think how much nastier this list would be if your bikers had MoN.

good hunting.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just like MoK bikers better than MoN bikers. The increased toughness is cool but costs far too much. Maybe for demonbomb lists MoN gives more survivability to the for the reserve rolls, however, I don't think his fire warriors nor his crisis teams will survive to hit me with the the fact being if the khorne lord gets the charge and gets to attack (meaning he doesn't roll a one) then thats 5 + 4-12 attacks. I think since a daemon weapon is two handed I think that means a bonus to Str of the attack so 9 to 17 S5? oower weapon attacks? those power weapon attacks should take out his crisis team in one round in the very least it should tie it up if they don't get slaughtered followed by 7 cc attacks, and 3 pfist attacks not much should survive combat... it would even work against orc nobs lol

·
Registered
622 Posts
No bonus to strength.
Thing is, after you smash a single fire warrior squad you are sitting in the open to be shot to hell. That is where T6 is huge. Nurgle bikers led by a lord with daemon weapon are killy enough and far more survivable.

I think your low bike count at T5 will be a problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is the benefit of a two handed weapon then? I think at one time there was a benefit, did they take it out?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
what is the benefit of a two handed weapon then? I think at one time there was a benefit, did they take it out?
No benefit, just a disadvantage. Personally against Tau, Powerweapons are a better bet on a lord or champion

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a daemon weapon is a power weapon. PFist are for killign his damn HH and those fucking Sky rays

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
a daemon weapon is a power weapon.
Quite. It can also kill you and it costs nearly three times as much. Against Tau it's probably over kill and those points could be better spent, such as on another Berserker.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
meh. I would rather over kill some tau if I can get rid of their HH early enough and then I can simply hunt the crisis suits the rest of the game. Basically... One unit t-boots to a HH the other T-boost to the second HH... second turn melt the pair of HH and get the zerkers forward and into CC with the fire warriors or then when the Crisissuits enter play just focus on them with the bikers

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i like where you're going, but i can't help but think how much nastier this list would be if your bikers had MoN.

good hunting.
Does MoN stack with the Bike, making it T6? That'd REALLY be worth it, i reckon!

Also Kurrent, are skyrays that bad? I play a tau army, and he isn't very good with his skyray, never killed anything with it, So i don't know if they're any good.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
yes it does. you're still looking at T4 for instant death purposes, but when your assault you look at squad toughness....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.