Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my 1500 point list of chaos. Opinions on this would be much appreciated.

Just recently came back to warhammer couple weeks ago. But yeah, im going to be doing a mini tournament at my local GW and was hoping that you guys can help me out with this.

Lords

Chaos Lord
Juggernaut of Khorne, Mark of Khorne, Poisonous Slime, Soul feeder, Dragonhelm, Ironcurse Icon, Talisman of Preservation (360)

Heroes

Exalted Hero
BSB, Mark of Tzeentch, On foot, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance (190)

Core

17 Chaos Warriors
Musician, Standard Bearer, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields (309)

18 Chaos Warriors
FC, Halberds, Mark of Nurgle (372)

Rare

3 Skullcrushers of Khorne
FC, Gleaming Pennant, Enscrolled Weapons (269)

Thanks for looking! And again, some advice would be great, and I'm opened to criticism.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You need some kind of throw away units. Hounds work rather nicely here. 1 box will give you 2 units of 5. They aren't great but they do the job.

Chariots are great anti-chaff units as well. They hit like a ton of bricks. Just be careful they don't get charged by blocks or large monsters. Almost all their power comes from the charge.

One thing to watch out for is magic. You don't have any in the army and you could get crunched by Lore of Metal if anyone is bringing it.

When it comes down to it, you're going to be dropping 3 units on the table. You need a little more target saturation. 3 units makes it easy to get picked on by any kind of shooting. Again, that's where the hounds and chariot come in.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Chariot w/ MoS - 115
5 Hounds - 30
5 Hounds - 30

So, that's 175pts you need to find. I'd drop the MoN warriors first. That leaves you w/ an extra 197pts. Take 10pts and make one of the MoT warriors a champion. You want the champ in units that have characters so the unit champs accept the challenges leaving the characters to bust some skulls. 187 left.

W/ 187 left you could do:
--2 more crushers and another unit of 5 hounds
--Gorebeast chariot w/ MoN, Standard of Discipline in MoT warriors, and another unit of 5 hounds
--Unit of 8 Hellstriders w/ Stand/Muso, Standard of Discipline in MoT warriors
--Unit of 8 Marauder Horsemen w/ MoS, Flails, Throwing Axes, Stand/Muso, and Standard of Discipline in MoT warriors

The last 2 probably give you the most diversity where the fast cav can hunt chaff/warmachines or support the crushers. As w/ all things, play-test different options and find what works best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts