Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
well i was thinking of doing an alpha legion army that is fluffy (so no daemons and cult units) and i was thinking this for a 1500 point list, please criticize and comment, i know this wont be terribly competitive but I'd like it as competitive as possible while remaining fluffy :victory:

HQ

Lord
power weapon
twin linked bolter

Troops
chaos marines #1
X10
2x meltagun
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino
extra armour

chaos marines #2
same as above

chaos marines #3
same as above

Elites
Chaos Chosen (these guys run with Lord in their rhino)
X9
2x power weapon
powerfist
flamer
rhino
extra armour

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator
Lascannon Turret
lascannon sponsons

Predator Destructor
Heavy bolter sponsons
Havoc Launcher

Vindicator
-daemonic possesion (i know i said nothing daemonic, but this is pretty much essential if you want to use a vindicator so it stays :))

Total: 1497 points

·
Registered
496 Posts
do deamon weapons count as deamons?

if so then i would consider Dual LC's on your Lord, if not then a Deamon weapon

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the alpha legion dont use daemon weapons or anything of the sort. i would have given the lord lightning claw but couldnt figure out where to get the points :(

·
4,491 Posts
Make the Chosen another unit of CSM.
You can still have your PF in the squad, and the Lord will more than make up for the missing PW's if he has twin-LC.
Not only that, but the squad can also hold objectives where as Chosen cant.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you wanna give your lord Lightning Claws, maybe take out one Chosen and add an Aspiring Champ, and give the lord the Claws. That way you only lose one attack from the Chosen, but your Lord with Claws makes up for that.

And you might wanna double check your math...I added the points you put in there and got 1507...but didn't check the math on all your squads. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Lord
power weapon
twin linked bolter
No offense, but that lord is one of the worst you can run, if you need points for the lightning claws drop one of the xtra armors on the rhinos, other than that, a deliciously fluffy list! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts