Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having some difficulty pulling off victories with my space marines. Anything I try doesnt have enough shots to take out everything coming my way. Here is what I've thought of.

Kantor 175
10 tac squad with ML and flamer 170
5 sniper scouts, telion, camo cloaks 140
5man Tactical terminators, CML, chainfist 235
10x Sternguard 250
10x Sternguard 250
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought, 2x Kheres assault cannon 180
ADL w quad gun 100
Total: 1500

Now, on to tactics for this. I castle up in my ADL and just camp on objectives. If the enemy tries to assault, I will have most things within 6in of Kantor for the +1 atk bonus, which will help. here is why I brought telion: with the camo cloaks and the stealth, they will get 2+ cover behind the adl. Secondly, if I have him man the quad gun, I get to allocate the wounds applied by it, making character sniping a lot easier. Quad gun and contemptor are there for skyfire/interceptor and just to push more bullets into the enemy. Sternguard I find to be incredibly versatile and, in this case, scoring. Should be fun - tell me what you think.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
On the topic of transports, my plan is to sit behind my ADL the whole game. Why would I need transports? I'll just be sitting there

edit: If i were to take transports, who would get them, and what would I drop for the points?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts