Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pondering a new list today, as a variant of what i played the other weekend verse a nasty necron list.

Yeh well the other week i ran 4 battle wagons in 1500 points thought id refine the list to 3 and more dakka jets, well this is on the phone so quality will be lower.

Warboss; Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour 100 points

Big Mek; Kustom Force Feild 85 points

Nobs (7); 'Eavy Armour, Cybork bodies, 2 Power Klaws, 3 Big Choppas, 2 Combi Shoota/Skorchas +Pain Boy. Mounted in battle wagon

Battle Wagon; Death Roller, 2 Big Shootas 120 points

Boys Mob (19); Shootas + Nob Power Klaw, Boss Pole 160 points

Boys Mob (19); Shootas + Nob Power Klaw, Boss Pole 160 points

Gretchin Mob (10); + Runt Herd 40 points

Dakka Jet; Extra Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace 130 points

Total Points 1500

So what are the thoughts? Any ideas how i should run it? One thing though i need another dakka jet to try it though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can just make 2 cardboard cutouts of the flyer base and move the one you have to check LOS and ranges with. Assuming you just want to test the list and not enter a competition with it.

Drop a PK from the nobz and give everyone combie scorchas. If you're going to light up a target, might as well light them all up :)

put the warboss & mek in with the nobz and flank it with the 2 shoota wagons to prevent easy side shots on your primary wagon. Or start on a side with your boss wagon towards the table edge and the 2 shoota wagons towards the middle of the table. then first turn is pretty much going to be move 18" forward, hope for the best, then sing the "the wheels on the wagon" as you try to line rams that go through units. :D

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
put the warboss & mek in with the nobz and flank it with the 2 shoota wagons to prevent easy side shots on your primary wagon. Or start on a side with your boss wagon towards the table edge and the 2 shoota wagons towards the middle of the table. then first turn is pretty much going to be move 18" forward, hope for the best, then sing the "the wheels on the wagon" as you try to line rams that go through units. :D
Well that would be basically apart from the sing the "wheels on the wagon" that would be funny though. That is an interesting idea with the Kombi Shoota/Skorchas though maybe need to keep the power klaws but the boss is in there will consider that idea could be one nasty charge or countercharge for someone, hmm 7 heavy Flamers nasty

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a varient of the list yesterday, this time with mega armour.

Warboss; Power Klaw, Mega Armour, Cybork Body 115 points

Big Mek; Kustom Force Feild 85 points

Mega Nobs (6); 6 Kombi Shoota/Scorcha. 270 points Mounted in battle wagon

Boys Mob (19); Shootas, 2 Big Shootas + Nob Power Klaw, Boss Pole 170 points

Boys Mob (19); Shootas, 2 Big Shootas + Nob Power Klaw, Boss Pole 170 points

Gretchin Mob (10); + Runt Herd 40 points

Total Points 1500

So what are the thoughts? Better than the other one whats the opinion Nobs or Mega Nobs?

·
Registered
564 Posts
in the wagon the mega nobz are great because they get the mobility factor to get across the board quicker. i suppose you need to weigh up the differences you get 2 extra wounds with the standard nobz unit by having the extra nob plus benefit of cyborks 5++ or the eavy armour 4+ and the feel no pain roll, or you get the 2+ armour save both have their advantages. Maybe need to play test both and see which gets best resaults. alot of it will depend on the meta game played in the area. if alot of ap3 weapons around then i guess the meganobz otherwise the nobz should surfice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can get the same benefit by replacing the warboss with the mad dok and attach him to the nobs. he can give the mega nobs invuln and FNP. Yes its more points, but he'll keep you mega nobs around much longer and earning back those points with each FNP success.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well personally I prefer the idea of mega nobs with their 2+ saves and power klaws galour, but as to warboss/Mad Doc I prefer the warboss making the nobs troops allong with a very tough character, instead of feel no pain, cybork bodys , and old rage. Thing I'll stay with the warboss for the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts