Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been playing a 1k list that I have had good success with and have built this list. It is not ideal, but I do have all of these miniatures painted. I would like some suggestion concerning what could compliment this list competitively. The one thing that I would like to have, but have to take a break from hobby spending for the summer, is to build and model 5x more sternguard. With another unit of Sternguard, I would model a couple of heavy flamers. This would allow me to exchange the terminators for another scoring unit. I am currently enroute to finishing a land raider which I hope to fill with assault terminators later this fall for larger battles. So any feedback or critiques would be helpful for the list as it stands on the table-top today.

HQ:

Pedro Kantor

Troops:

7x scouts
sniper rifles, camo cloaks, missile launcher

tactical squad
+5 marines; flamer; Lascannon
rhino

tactical squad 2
5 marines; melta-gun; multi-melta
rhino

Elite:

sternguard
4x combi-meltas
rhino

Terminators
fists; heavy bolters
(entering via deep strike)

Dreadnought
CCW; Multi-Melta
Drop pod

Heavy Support:

2x Vindicators
w/ dozerblades

Total: 1497

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm assuming the Heavy bolters were Flamers right?

It hink the Stern guard idea looks good. I would switch one of the combi meltas for a combi flamer. I'm not to keen on losing a boltgun with special ammo for a HF.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Problem you've got is one drop pod which will come and the dreadnought will be unsupported. You should take multple drop pods, at least 3 so you get more in on the first turn. HOwever drop pod armies lack mobility and armour protection. I'd drop that dreadnought tbh.

Then your terminators are going to come down and just stand there, if you're keeping the pod then give it a locator beacon for the terminators to home onto.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My advice would be to ditch the scouts and the Terminators and buy more rhino mounted sternguard. The more rhino's you cna get on the field the better. I really dislike shooty terminators as they don't pack much of a punch at range and dedicated CC will beat them up. I hate Scouts with a passion as they provide little firepower and your playing with pedro so you don't need them for their scoring abilities.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Okay, next time please put up how much each unit costs, that way I don't have to look through my dex and add everything up when I'm editing.

Ok, I have been playing a 1k list that I have had good success with and have built this list. It is not ideal, but I do have all of these miniatures painted. I would like some suggestion concerning what could compliment this list competitively. The one thing that I would like to have, but have to take a break from hobby spending for the summer, is to build and model 5x more sternguard. With another unit of Sternguard, I would model a couple of heavy flamers. This would allow me to exchange the terminators for another scoring unit. I am currently enroute to finishing a land raider which I hope to fill with assault terminators later this fall for larger battles. So any feedback or critiques would be helpful for the list as it stands on the table-top today.

HQ:

Pedro Kantor

Good but you need to take advantage of him which means spam the sterguard.

Troops:

7x scouts
sniper rifles, camo cloaks, missile launcher

A very meh unit, and in this case the points could be much better used elsewhere.

tactical squad
+5 marines; flamer; Lascannon
rhino

Make this one like the one below.

tactical squad 2
5 marines; melta-gun; multi-melta
rhino

swap MM for a ML and consider a CF, otherwise nice.

Elite:

sternguard
4x combi-meltas
rhino

Get a bigger squad, 7 is nice. Also get more squads (1 minimum) so that you're actually using Pedro's rules.

Terminators
fists; heavy bolters
(entering via deep strike)

HBs aren't an option, I'm not sure if you mean all SBs or a single HF. Regardless, not a great unit, not shooty enough or assaulty enough and DS them isn't great. Lose them and get more sternguard.

Dreadnought
CCW; Multi-Melta
Drop pod

LS are better, recommend a swap. At the very least he needs a HF.

Heavy Support:

2x Vindicators
w/ dozerblades

Ok, nice. Help to keep your Rhinos alive long enough to deliver by dying, and get to lay down the hurt if they live.

Total: 1497
So, taking what i said into account and you get:

HQ
Pedro

Elites
7 sternguard
w/ 4 combi-meltas, 2 combi-flames, fist
Rhino

Elites (Pedro's squad)
6 sternguard
w/ 4 combi-meltas, 2 combi-flames
Rhino

Troops
10 Tac squad
w/ meltagun, combi-flame, ML
Rhino

Troops
10 Tac squad
w/ meltagun, combi-flame, ML
Rhino

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

FA
Speeder
w/ MM, HF

HS
Thunderfire cannon

HS
Vindi

1500 spot on.

Should do nicely, hope this helps. Drop me a PM if you need help or have any questions.
Good Hunting,
Raptors8th

·
Registered
153 Posts
taking pedro means scoring sternies...so drop what you dont need and abuse pedro's rule allowing sternguard to score...get a libby and gate them around..teleporting sternguard raise hell and quickly grab/contest objectives

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
taking pedro means scoring sternies...so drop what you dont need and abuse pedro's rule allowing sternguard to score...get a libby and gate them around..teleporting sternguard raise hell and quickly grab/contest objectives
Yeah, this sounds like a great strategy. I have several more sternies, but will have to model a few more to get optimal listings from. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts