red truck w big shoota

4 X 12 boyz
same as above

Fast Attack
15 Stormboyz

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well its going to be a fast army. You didn't say if the boyz were armed with slugga choppa or shoota.

I'm wondering if may down grading the Hard boyz to regular boyz and get a couple of deffcopters might help add a couple more threats to the army.

If possible I would add a nob to the stormboyz with a bosspole to help the moral so that they will stay around once the shooting starts. Otherwise they will have to stick near the boss.

I think the army will be good if you can get all the trucks safely across the board, but I think most opponents will figure that out pretty quickly especially if they have played against a speed freaks list before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well sounds cool but I would make some small changes. I don't know if you like kommandos but I feel as though they are a waste in many games. This particular game you are going to want to draw as much fire away from your boys as possible. So I guess they won't be bad. The then rest of your army is moving quite fast. So yea as long as all of your trukks don't go boom you'll be looking great on your turn 2. No matter what your up against.

·
Registered
125 Posts
And thats exactly what Da Boyz are supposed to do.

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
I'd like to try Snikrot too. He should distract from the trukks, arriving from the enemy table edge. A wise choice of the burnas in that mob, at close quarters the template will work for heavy weapons squad hanging around at the back as well as tank hunting. Whittle enemy down then assault, with his killa rep they may even force them off the table.

I think the Boss is going to be far too isolated (being the only bike), but I like the thinking; even with the bike costs he,is still cheaper than a mob and trukk. He will keep up with any trukks that are left, and can add more support to an assault.
In this role, he may be ok just to have have a big choppa as his use would better be against troops (but he still stands a chance of cracking most tanks.

Have you thought about a warphead in one of the trukks? He can be very usefull in support also.

Write up any battle reps for this ,I'd like to know how you get on.

"Red Wunz go Fasta!!!"

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think it's pretty solid. Expect many of the trukks not to make it but you've got enough that some will and those few will rock their world. My advice is to move the stormboyz first and then to move the warboss after them and join him to their mob since he has a faster move. Repeat each turn to prevent him from getting shot up.

Snikrot should be useful in this force for stomping out trouble areas and even limited tank hunting from the rear if you put him in from reserves.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies.

The stormboyz do have a Boss w/ boss pole and the boyz are all sluggas.

I tried the list against Nids the other night and they did fine. If you get the charge and can gang up then the boyz do very well.

My Warboss was charged by genestealers. I can't have that happen again.:mrgreen:

Using a warphead sounds good and I'll add him in a larger game.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Please comment.

HQ
Warboss
bike
klaw
boss pole
attack squig
cybork
Good start. I'm just a bit concerned about him since he's the only model in your army on a Bike. Since he's so fast he'll outpace most of your army and might be left in the open. Be careful using him.

Elites
15 kommandos
2 burnas
Snitrot
Excellent choice. One of the better ones in the book, imo.

Troops
12 ard boyz
rokkit
nob w/klaw boss pole
red truck w big shoota
I'd ditch the additional armor on your Boyz. It's fairly expensive and you may be able to use the points elsewhere.

4 X 12 boyz
same as above
Good.

Fast Attack
15 Stormboyz
Excellent.

Depending how many points you saved by removing the 'Eavy armor from your boyz you may be able to afford a Deathkopta. If so, grab it with both hands. It's the cheapest scoring unit in the Codex and is super mobile. It's the perfect choice when you need to capture or contest a table quarter or objective.

Good luck,

Katie D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just keep the warboss behind a tukk and he can't get shot for that fist turn then just wrap him around turn 2 and pulvorize something. I acctually tryed your list out last weekend and when we roled for mission we got alpha so my kommandos were entirly usless. No fire power was wasted on them at all until turn 3 when I needed to get out of cover to attempt an assult and then they got rocked. But I did get my warboss in there and he punked a avatar and a farseer and a squad of dire avengers. He just went to town. hahahah I love orks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I tried the list last Saturday at a tourney. I got 3 wins out of 3.:mrgreen:

If you throw all of them forward at the fastest possible speed it all seems to work out. That and ganging up on the opponents units.

The last game was the hardest. He had two lashes of sub. I sent the Warboss, a truck, and the stormboyz after one lash. Two trucks after the other. And sent the rest of the army after his two Defilers.

Snikrot came in on turn 4 and massacred a unit of marines that was hiding in the back.

By turn 5 the only non green models were a rhino, and two marines with a greater demon hiding in the corner.:mrgreen:

I got 2nd in the tourney.:)

The ard' boyz did very well. On average when the truck blows up, only 2 boyz die. A mob of 10 easlily makes the pinning check, and then kills the unit that the truck was sitting next to.

Of course everyone was kitted out to kill marines so a got a small break there.

Thanks for the comments.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts