Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been running the same ork list for quite awhile so I thought I'd change it round a bit, heres what I came up with:

Warboss
Mega Armour
Bosspole
Attack Squig
Cyborg Body

8 Kommandos
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole

12 Boys
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole
Ard Boyz
Trukk
Grott Riggers
Boarding Planks

12 Boys
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole
Eavy Armour
Trukk
Grot Riggers
Boarding Planks

12 Boys
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole
Eavy Armour
Trukk
Grot Riggers
Boarding Planks

12 Boys
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole
Eavy Armour
Trukk
Grot Riggers
Boarding Planks

6 Nobs
Wargh Banner
Eavy Armour
2 Power Klaws
2 Big Choppas
Painboy
Grot Ordely
Trukk
Grot Riggers
Stikbomb Chucka
Armour Plates
Boarding Planks

3 Deffkoptas
Big Shootas

3 Deffkoptas
Rokkits

Thoughts and comp?

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want to make it clear that I'm pretty new to this game, so take that into consideration as I go over this list. I've been trying to come up with a revised list similar to this, but its rather difficult. There are a few issues which could really use some work here.​
First off, you've got a fleet of trukks moving around without a KFF. I'd definitely recommend you pick one up as trukks are frail, and you're going to need the cover bonus.​
Secondly, and as I said before, trukks are FRAIL. You've got one squad of nobz in a trukk, and presumably (since its the only trukk with space) the warboss is going in there too; that trukk may as well have a target painted on it. It is clearly the first target any opponent will shoot at and its not going to survive turn one. You're going to have your power house unit footslogging without cover to your boyz way after they've gotten into the fight (Particularly with that mega-armored warboss in there). I might consider fielding a battlewagon for increased survivability, but it'll still be a massive target (particularly with the KFF inside it as well now).​
Thirdly, and this will help you get the points for the KFF, drop the deffkoptas with big shootas. Those deffkoptas don't really fill a role very well. They're not extremely shooty especially given their cost and they're definitely not tank hunters. Consider dropping this squad and breaking up the other deffkoptas into three individual squads. This will prevent issues from falling back and allow your deffkoptas to tag more targets to screen your transports.​
BattleWagon and a Big Mek with KFF come out to 175 points without any upgrades, so we clearly need points. Drop the deffkoptas squad, drop grot riggers (a transport dead in the water is a death sentence for those boyz, its time to get out and hoof it), the nob trukk (since you'll be replacing it with a wagon) and the ard boy upgrade. Now adding the battlewagon to your army with the KFF and you'll have 61 left.​
Use the remaining 61 to do some wargear changes. Boarding plank, red paint, armor plates and a deff rolla (might not want this since the likely hood of your wagon getting across may be low) for your wagon. Use the remaining 20 points for something fun for the kids, maybe a burna on the big mek or an extra nob in the nob squad with a boss pole (remove the boss pole from the warboss in this case)​
Double check my math, I was doing it off the top of my head and without the codex.​

·
Registered
670 Posts
Switcht the warboss to a big mek with KFF so those trukks now get cover saves. The boss is only making nobz count as troops and you have elite slots spare anyway.

Drop the kommandos as they suck.

You don't need eavy armour on the nob as it won't save you that much, put those points towards rokkits and buzzsaws on the dethkopters.

At the moment you lack ranged anti tank; in fact you have none. A mech list will have a field day against those weak trukks and you've only got power klaws to pop them, and you still need to hit them. I suggest a unit of lootas into the list to over come this problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been using Nobs in battlewagons for ages now, so I want to mix it up a little and make the army heaps faster. I should be able to hide the trukk with other trukks as thats definitely the trukk I want alive.

I deliberately didn't take a big mek with KFF, I'll probably already getting hit by the comp hammer pretty hard, so I want to soften it a little

Kommandos are pretty useless, but they're are part of my fluff and from time to time they actually do kill things, not often though......

And the big shoota deffkoptas are gold, they're LOS blockers, 1st turn charge things like marine comabt squads, I've only used them a few times and they've usually done they're job pretty well. And now they're going to be backed up by rokkit deffkoptas if theres no other good targets.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I highly suggest getting burnas in the Kommando squad. Power weapons inside an infiltration unit is kill on the back of a whirlwind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts