Prince w/ breath

Wave 2: 7 plaguebearers w/ icon
7 plaguebearers
Prince w/ gaze

How do I make this competitive?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Gaze seems like a much better Tally collector then Breath to me, simply because you can use it turn 1.
Naturally you can use breath turn 1 too, but it will require suicidal Deep Striking positions which sounds expensive with those DPs...

Another question is if its really worth having Flight on all 3 DPs. Its expensive as fuck, so maybe drop it from 1-2 of them and get something juicier for the points?

*edit: you have MoN stated twice on each DP, is that supposed to be something else?*

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another question is if its really worth having Flight on all 3 DPs. Its expensive as fuck, so maybe drop it from 1-2 of them and get something juicier for the points?
wouldn't he struggle against skimmers/tanks otherwise? particualrly given the rest of the list is S&P.

my question is if there is enough AT (eg. AV 14). if you cant stop the LR from moving (which you probly won't as you can't shoot much) then hitting on a 4+ and rolling 9 or 10 or 2D6 is still quite hard at S5.

Am I wrong in saying that B.o.C is the only thing in a nurgle army that can damage a monolith?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
wouldn't he struggle against skimmers/tanks otherwise? particualrly given the rest of the list is S&P.

my question is if there is enough AT (eg. AV 14). if you cant stop the LR from moving (which you probly won't as you can't shoot much) then hitting on a 4+ and rolling 9 or 10 or 2D6 is still quite hard at S5.

Am I wrong in saying that B.o.C is the only thing in a nurgle army that can damage a monolith?
Point here is that one can run 2 DPs with Flight and 1 without. Or one could skip 1 DP and put in a tongue SG instead which also solves (in theory) the Monolith/Land Raider detail.

If you run pure (pun intended) Nurgle then yea only Breath can damage the Monolith. Aka its not worth trying to kill it. Breath the Necrons instead :p

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
How about this?

HQ
• Ku'Gath, the Plaguefather

300 points
• Epidemius, the Tallyman of Nurgle
110 points

TROOPS
• 7 Plaguebearers

105 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
105 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
105 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
105 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
105 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• Daemon Prince of Nurgle
- Mark of Nurgle, Wings, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch, Daemonic Gaze
235 points
• Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Mark of Nurgle, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies, Daemonic Gaze
165 points
• Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Mark of Nurgle, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies, Daemonic Gaze
165 points

TOTAL:
1,500 points

Wave 1: Ku'Gath, Epidemus, x1 Plaguebearers, x3 Daemon Princes
Wave 2: x4 Plaguebearers

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm gad someone posted my list above so I didn't need to once again dig out out myself ;)

The above is the most effective Tally list by far. Gaze gives you turn 1 ability to cause wounds and combined with Ku'Gath's pie-plate you can quickly rack the tally up. Flying Prince also means you can engage the enemy turn 2 and that way ensure that by the time the rest of your army arrives you are beyond 10 kills (giving the other 2 princes Noxious touch).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts