Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I've been running as an all comers/balanced list that has performed quite well in the last few games, I don't however play every codex out there as my gaming circle is quite small, but I would like to take it to a tourney one day so feedback would be nice, I usually play chaos and vanilla marines with GK allies, comments always welcome

Flyrant lash whip and bone sword
Hive commander

Flyrant 2 twin linked devourers

3 warriors death spitters
3 warriors devourers
18 hormagaunts toxic sacs
18 hormagaunts toxic sacs

3 shrikes lash whip bone sword and flesh hooks
15 gargoyles
Hive crone

Mawloc

·
Registered
14 Posts
If i was going to a tourny in a 1500pt match I would do something like this:
HQ
230 Hive Tyrant w/2 Twinlink Dev

Troops
50 Hormagaunts
115 Warriors w/ Barb Strangler and Adrenal Glands

875 Formation:Skyblight Swarm
60 Gargoyle Brood
60 Gargoyle Brood
60 Gargoyle Brood
155 Hive Crone
155 Harpy w/ TL Heavy Venom and Cluster Spines
155 Harpy w/ TL Heavy Venom and Cluster Spines

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your LW/BS & Hive Commander Tyrant stands out to me. Hive Commander I can see being very helpful but I don't think you'll get the desired effect unless you boost the numbers of the outflanking squad and it would be a good idea to also give them a screening unit. Perhaps some infiltrated lictors/genestealers? (Not sure what models you have)

I just see it being a problem because I'm assuming you're going to try to outflank one of the squads of Gaunts but I just feel like 18 isn't quite enough by themselves... it's also really important they are supported in synapse because it's likely they could instinctively come onto the board and wipe themselves out with a failed IB test.

Everything else looks decent. I don't know about Shrikes but I don't like that they are a rather weak model. (Even with 3 wounds)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts