Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please understand that i won't have my rhinos razorbacks and drop pods for this weekend, but i'm still going to game club. My friend is borrowing them to play a beach invasion with 20K per side.

HQ:
Chapter master w/ SB, LC 143
Epistolary 150 (Gate of Infinity, The Avenger)

Troops:
5x scouts, 4 snipers, 1 HB, camo cloaks, plus tellion 163
10x tactical squad w/ FL, ML 170

Elites:
Dreadnought w/ ML, TL las 145

Fast:
3x Scout Bikers w/ mines: 80
3x Space Marine Bike squad + attack bike w/ MM 140

Heavy:
Thunderfire cannon 100
Vindicator w/ siege shield 125
Vindicator 115

total 1501 (I know these guys. Being one point over will slide)

Note: I've given a lot to my friend, I have no other fast attack, or terminators, and only one dreadnought. Will infiltrate the scout bikers, use one squad around my thunderfire cannon, and use other tactical with both HQ's

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Please understand that i won't have my rhinos razorbacks and drop pods for this weekend, but i'm still going to game club. My friend is borrowing them to play a beach invasion with 20K per side.
HQ:
Chapter master w/ SB, LC 143
Epistolary 100 (Gate of Infinity, The Avenger)
An epistolary would come to 150pts, not 100pts :). The CM is pretty cool, set up for combat and ranged. If you run him with one of the tactical squads he will work nicely if they get into combat.
Troops:
5x scouts, 4 snipers, 1 HB, camo cloaks, plus tellion 163
Now personally, I never run the scouts with Snipers and a HB, I prefer Snipers and ML, mainly because they're really static for me, and only ever tend to sit on some terrain in the background picking off enemies rather than taking them out on mass. Nice tactical squads, I would reccomend losing the flamers in place of a melta gun.
Elites:
Dreadnought w/ ML, TL las 145
Nice set up, can take horde and tanks.
Fast:
3x Scout Bikers w/ mines: 80
3x Space Marine Bike squad + attack bike w/ MM 140
I'm not much of a fan of Scout Bikers, especially in a squad so small, I always take them in 5+ sized squads, I also only use them in deep striking lists because of their ability to take a locator beacon. My honest opinion is to drop these in place maybe a couple more bikers and the weapons for the tactical marines.
Heavy:
Thunderfire cannon 100
Vindicator w/ siege shield 125
Vindicator 115

total 1501 (I know these guys. Being one point over will slide)

Note: I've given a lot to my friend, I have no other fast attack, or terminators, and only one dreadnought. Will infiltrate the scout bikers, and put one squad of tact in land raider, and use gate of infinity on the other.)
Nice end to the list, don't really use a Thunderfire myself, but they are pretty cool bits of kit. The vindicators are also very good to use too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I counted the 150 in my calculations, I dropped my land raider out and upgraded the librarian but forgot to show the points. I love HB, cause I can fire the hellfire shell(wounds on 2+). I gave one squad a Melta (to be used with the epistolary as anti vehicle). I have no choices on fast attack, and for heavy support, most of it is also given to my friend. But the mines have worked fantastic on the scout bikes, plus outflanking works well on bikes.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
10x tactical squad w/ ML, melta 170
Err. this costs 175 points, not 170. only the flamer is "free" for the small weapons, while only the ML/MM/HB are free for the heavy weapon. did your friend also take your codex?:biggrin:

other than that it looks nice good luck...mmm beach battle mmmm......

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a mind blank since i never really use melta.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I counted the 150 in my calculations, I dropped my land raider out and upgraded the librarian but forgot to show the points. I love HB, cause I can fire the hellfire shell(wounds on 2+). I gave one squad a Melta (to be used with the epistolary as anti vehicle). I have no choices on fast attack, and for heavy support, most of it is also given to my friend. But the mines have worked fantastic on the scout bikes, plus outflanking works well on bikes.
see, other SM players forget this but he is the template no rending sniper of my sniper pack. all 36 inch range. i face monstrous creatures and daemon princes all the time at club and that's where they rock the house.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Yeah, this is true, and I don't mind the mines bit, just they never seem that effective since who I go against never tend to use terrain like that :p. I like the idea of the Anti tank librarian :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts