obyron 120 pts

Auxiliary;

(2) doomscythes 320 pts

total: 1499

input/ criticism appreciated

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Looks like a lot of points spent on HQs to be honest, but I'm biased toward the Mephrit Dynasty Cohort Detachment from the Shield of Baal: Exterminatus book. No need for me to rush out and buy Tomb Blades and a Spyder to play my army that existed for a while and it offers a better Reanimation Protocol bonus in my opinion.

When is the tourney, is it far enough away and interested enough in including the upcoming Death From the Skies release? If so those Doom Scythes would likely be better served in an Air Wing Detachment or whatever it's called. Regardless I'd look to dropping the Royal Court and beefing up my Reclamation Legion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tourney is in two weeks. I do agree its a lot for the royal court but i put the with the lichguard and usually teleport across the board but I am thinking I need more speed.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I was looking at the 12" bonus to Reanimation Protocols only for the Reclamation Legion. Now that I've gone back over and re-read the Ever Living Command Benefit, the only thing keeping me out of that is buying models I'm not that interested in.

Regardless of my opinion of models though, you can't charge after those Deep Strikes and that makes a melee unit a lot less menacing. Played against a buddy that did the same thing with a Librarius Conclave, Draigo, and a Command Squad with grav guns using Gate if Infinity. He kept jumping around with this combat death star and never getting to charge because he either showed up from Deep Strike or shot with salvo weapons. It was something he chose to rethink for future games. Don't know if it would apply to your situation but it might be worth a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok how about this list;

Necron Decurion Detachment

core choice;

Zahndrek 150 pts

(5) lycheguard 125 pts

(10) warriors 130 pts

(10) warriors 130 pts

(5) immortals with gaus 85 pts

(3) tomb blades w nebuloscope, shieldvanes, and particle beamers 72 pts

Auxiliary;

D-lord w nightmare shroud, solar staff 160 pts

(3) destroyer, 1 hvy destroyer 170 pts

1497 total

This list seems better for objective grabbing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi!

Destroyers are pretty solid in a decurion, but you're giving me the impression that you want to have Zahndrek around (?) in which case his biggest offensive contribution of giving a bubble reroll 1's in shooting is a waste on the destroyers.

How about dropping the Destroyer Cult and the Lychguards and beefing up those warriors to about 15+ models per unit. Keep the auxillary quota to a minimum unit of Flayed ones or Deathmarks. Then grab the Retribution Phalanx with half a dozen scarabs along with the warriors and hide the Overlord with a phase shifter and a warscythe in Zahndreks unit. The Triarch Stalker should give you a neat bubble of BS5 along with Zahndreks rerolling 1's. Just spread out warriors around it to make deep striking meltas harder to get in range.

I like your Tomb Blade configuration. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts