Plaguebearers (5)

Daemonettes (10) - Transfixing gaze

Elites

Flamers (3)

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince - Iron Hide, MoT, Bolt of T, Daemonic Gaze

Daemon Prince - Iron Hide, Wings, MoN, Unholy Might

Total a nice round 1.5k

Had my first game today against some deathguard. Started with my chosen wave of the Bloodthirster, both princes, plaguebearers and the icon squad of Letters. I dont know if its just bad luck but with 3 MC's taking alot of beating in turn 2 and the plaguebearers holding up a daemon prince my letters lost 9 and left my standardbearer running to find some cover in wait for reinforcments. Is it worth dropping the daemonettes to bolster the plaguebearers to 7 and add a second 7 man squad giving one of these the icons from the letters?

Yes its not a fluffy list but i'm having a break from my rightious templars and daemons are a nice change of pace (bye bye mech army list)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well, you only have 3 fast units and only 2 of them are passable against mech and survivable. If your enemy focuses on your fast elements it'll leave your slow stuff at his mercy.

Skulltaker and Bloodletters are killy, but slow and fragile. For Troops, PBs are really all you need. You don't even need to field big squads, just drop into cover and hunker down on an objective so you can spend points on good stuff.

I recommend Fiends, units with Bolt of Tzeentch (Tzeralds on chariots, DPs, Flamers) and more fast stuff.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideally my plan is to swap out the skulltaker and letters in place of upgrading the thirster to scarbrand and spamming fiends but at the current cost of fiend models it's easier to adapt what I have.

How much shooty is 'enough shooty' for daemons? How many shots should I be looking at per wave to reliably do something? Ive only faced rhinos and so far a single BoT with the Dp's high BS easily sniped both at will.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Don't buy the crazy metal Fiends. You can use Chaos Spawn, DE Cold Ones, or Daemonette torsoes with spider lower halves.

Well, if you don't face much mech (get better opponents) then you don't need it that much. A balanced army that expects to face good armies should have enough shooty and combat to get the job done. Mine has 6 (3 Tzeralds, 3 DPs) in addition to Fiends and Flesh Hounds.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
REVISED LIST

HQ

Scarbrand

Troops

Plaguebearers (5) - Chaos Icon

Horrors (5) - BoT

Horrors (5) - BoT

Elites

Flamers (3)

Fiends (5) - Unholy Might

Fiends (5) - Unholy Might

Fast Attack

Flesh Hounds (5)

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince - Iron Hide, MoT, Bolt of T, Daemonic Gaze

Daemon Prince - Iron Hide, Wings, MoN, Unholy Might

---------------------------------

Wave 1 - Scarbrand, Fiends, Fiends, Plaguebearers, DP (MoN)

Wave 2 - DP (MoT), Flamers, Hounds, Horrors, Horrors

That should up me to 3 bolts, 4 fast units (plus the beast charge from the hounds), fiends and hounds all I5 on the charge with rerolls from scarbrand. I guess the idea is cripple things with overwhelming speed focusing things down. With a second wave that should the gods not favor still should supply decent and varied fire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts