Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so there is a local campaign going to happen soon and I was thinking of running my word bearers. Now before people start telling me to get oblits,lash anything, or plague marines. I don't really like any of those so I really don't run them.( plus this is only models I actually have painted xb )

Chaos lord 115
power weapon, combi-melta

3 termies 105
3 combi-meltas

5 choosen 180
4 meltas,1 flamers, IOCG, rhino

10 lesser daemons 130

10 lesser daemons 130

10 chaos marines 230
melta,lascannon, IOCG, champ ( fist )

10 chaos marines 230

10 chaos marines 230

predator 150
lascannon sides, daemonic possession

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Who is the chaos lord gonna roll with (I presume you mean a dark apostle :) )
He is goona be pretty lonely by himself! I feel your Basic troop choices are confused, you have lascannons with meltas and a powerfist! They seem to conflict!
So I would suggest for your troop choices maybe take a unit of 9 bezerkers (but call them something word bearish like the zealots i dunno) stick them in the rhino (with EA) PF for the champ and a PI for the LD to home onto! Stick your Dark Apostle with this lot!
One of the other squads give them 2 meltas and a rhino instead of lascannon
And for the third squad drop the melta gun and PF and keep them at the back on any objectives!
With that you only need to get a couple of rhino's and maybe the odd model swap and shuffle!
So you will have one tres assaulty unit backed up by deep striking termies LD's and the chosen whilst One squad sits home and protects and the other squad in the rhino reaches for other objectives! It might even be worth dropping the third squad and having a lascannon havoc squad??
So after the ramble my point is

Chaos Lord (Dark Apostle)

Termies

Chosen

9 'Zealots' (proxy for zerkers) PI and PF Rhino EA
10 CSM 2 meltas PF IofCG Rhino
10 CSM Lascannon IofCG
10 lesser daemons
10 lesser daemons

Predator
Apologies for the rambling hope you can filter some ideas from the mess :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. unfortunately I don't really have another rhino Xb so I'm stuck with just one. hhmm thanks for the advice I might have to try that out

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I'd exchange those meltas for plasma guns as your basically trying to use range, and 24 inches to 12 can make a difference.

For the future, you may want a daemon prince, and though you want to run a "word bearer" army, I'd think about the marks, just to be competetive. You don't have to call it a mark. Just call it a veteran skill that counts as... type thing.

Anyway good luck.:victory:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Chaos lord 115
power weapon, combi-melta

I don't really like combi weapons. They seem to hit or miss, and miss when you need them(it seem like that anyway). Also, a daemon prince is much better. even with no mark or spells. Thought they do help a lot.

3 termies 105
3 combi-meltas

Again with the combi-weps. If you're going to run termies, bring at least 5. That way they can survive longer and shoot/slash more.

5 choosen 180
4 meltas,1 flamers, IOCG, rhino

Pretty good.

10 lesser daemons 130

Good, but you only really got 1 icon for them to summon with. Se below.

10 lesser daemons 130

10 chaos marines 230

I kinda got some problems with these squads. They have the lascannon for long range, then a melta gun. If you are planning on using them to be more deadly the close you get great. But you got those daemons, and they need to spawn into the fight, so they can only use the chosens icon.

10 chaos marines 230

10 chaos marines 230

predator 150
lascannon sides, daemonic possession

Good, I usually don't run with reads, so I can't help you much.

The marines...they're kinda weird. If you move them, you can't shoot the ubergun(lascannon), but you'll be able to bring the daemons into the fight. If you stay back then you melta gun is useless. Along with the daemons.

If you're thinking of keeping the CSM's back and waiting until the enemy comes to you to drop the daemons, that could work. If you're getting melee rushed it'd work great. But if you're getting shot at from range (like 24in.) you daemons would have to run up to what ever, and there can be some problems with that.
If you do that then you chosen are pretty screwed. They'd have almost no support and die in the 1st or 2nd round. Now I know that chosen are run as suicide units, but I think it's stupid to send points on something that will shoot once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts