Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys here is my first post. I want to get some advice on my very first Chaos list.
here it is.
HQ

125 Sorcerer: MoS/LoS/Plasma Pistol

125 sorcerer: MoS/LoS

Heavy Support

125 Vindicator

125 Vindicator

125 Vindicator

Elites

200 Chosen 5 Man Squad: 5 plasmaguns/ Rhino

200 Chosen 5 Man Squad: 5 plasmaguns/ Rhino

Troops

200 Plague Marines 5 Man Squad: 2 meltaguns/champion with combi-melta and melta bomb.

200 Plague Marines 5 Man Squad: 2 meltaguns/champion with combi-melta and melta bomb.

alright so how i was thinking was the sorcerers will ride with the chosen next to the vindicators. The vindicators are side by side moving up the board right next to eachother so that they dont have side armor exposed. the chosen ride by the side of them. the Plague marines ride behind the vindicatorspivited so that they can hug the backs of the vindicators, this keeps the vindis backs covered. now incase a enemy runs a drop pod dread or terminators i have my marines get out and bubble wrap the vindicators. this will stop no cover meltas.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Your list isn't to bad, but it does have two distinct flaws.

First your squads are simply too small, all you need is for your Plague Marines to go up against Tau battlesuits or anything with a lot of plasma weaponry and your dead, same goes for the chosen.

Most people who run Plague Marines go for seven or eight complete with a champion carrying a powerfist.

Second, the way your deployment is described gives the impression your planning to use the army all bunched up. This is going to leave you susceptible to orbital strikes, deep-striking Mawlocs, Deathstrike missiles or anything that has a lot of blast templates when it attacks.

Here's what I'd run with:

Lash Sorcerer - 125 points.

Lash Sorcerer - 125 points.

8 Plague Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Champion with Powerfist, Rhino with Dozer Blade - 284 points.

8 Plague Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Champion with Powerfist, Rhino with Dozer Blade - 284 points.

7 Chosen, 5 Plasma Guns, IoCG, Rhino with Dozer Blade - 251 points.

2 Obliterators - 150 points.

Vindicator with Extra Armour - 140 points.

Vindicator with Extra Armour - 140 points.

Concentrate your forces on one flank and deep strike with the Obliterators. Advance flat out with the rest of your force until the vindicators are in range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice ill modify my list and give it a shot.
only thing i dont like is taking the Vindicators with EA. id just take Daemonic Posession becasue its 5 points more to allow shooting. but yea i get your point about the clustering of my units. i dont want to get orbital punched. allthough the orbital wouldnt be that big of a deal becasue it would be half strength on stuff thats not directly under the hole. but yea ill spread out a bit. the only reason i had them close is for bubble wraping on the first turn. i hate getting my vindicator blown up by drop pod dreads.
Oh ill add rep for you tomorrow, i cant now because i maxed out today.

·
4,491 Posts
Looks similar to my list, but needs a few changes.

Daemonic Possession on the Vindicators is a MUST.
Princes are better than Sorcerers.
Give the Champs a Power Fist.
Drop the Chosen to get a 3rd troop choice. You REALLY need 3 Troop choices in 1500 points.

My CSM list looks like this....

2 Lash Princes
3 Vindi's with DP
3 identical units of 6 PM's with 2 Melta, Champ with Combi-Melta and Power Fist, and Rhinos.

I played about 60 games with it, and only lost 1 game, and drew 1.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i forgot my list was daemonic posession for 145 each that makes the points. but yea i couldnt agree with you more it is a must on vindicators. thanks cheese nice to hear a similar list has success.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I played about 60 games with it, and only lost 1 game, and drew 1.
Damn you power gamer :headbutt:

The Sullen One-

A few things i'd say to your list...

-Plague Marines run in 7's
-Vindicators shouldn't even be allowed on the board without DP, Like people NEED to realise that. Extra armour is NO substitution.
-Dozer Blade is a waste of time, to be honest. I dunno about the boards you play on, but rarely when driving 12" a turn, do you have to pass through difficult terrain.
-Running a squad of Plasma-Chosen, i'd never do it myself, I don't like 'Gets Hot!' at all, So i only ever take plasma with Machines... So i'd proberbly reccommend you don't take that.
-I'd NEVER reccommend deep striking Obliterators, For one you have no Personal Icons, for 2 Oblits don't need to be deepstriked, all it does it put them at an early risk, By either putting them close to cover, and potentially having them destroyed, or putting them in the open, and making them a big-obvious target.

just my advice there Sullen.

Good Warring :wild:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts