Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this list isn't totally Khorne fluffy, but it seems pretty nice to me.

HQ1: Chaos Lord: MoK, Juggernaut, AoBF, SoC
HQ2: Sorceror: Burning Brand of Skalathrax (will roll on Biomancy)

Troops 1: Chaos Space Marine Squad x10
Troops 2: Cultists x19
Troops 3: Berzerkers x9: IoW, Lightning Claw; Sorceror will join this squad in the Land Raider

Fast Attack 1: Heldrake with baleflamer
Fast Attack 2: Biker Squad x5: MoK, IoW, 2x melta guns, Lightning Claw; Juggylord will join this squad

Heavy Support 1: Obliterators x 3: MoN
Heavy Support 2: Land Raider

I really like the Land Raider as a delivery system for the berzerkers. Rhinos get blown up before I reach my target, every single game so far, while the Land Raider has yet to be destroyed. After unloading it makes a really nice gun platform, as well.

I haven't used a sorceror yet. However, biomancy seems like a badass table for close combat units. This potential, combined with the burning brand, should annihilate infantry units in tandem with the ridiculous number of attacks the berzerkers get on the charge. The brand should soften them up before assaulting. Having the heldrake's baleflamer and the burning brand should give me a lot of annihilating power, I'm hoping.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looks like a fun list, and pretty well composed. Can you manage to get the Chaos Space Marine squad into a rhino? If not, you could probably swap them for more cultists and boost an assault unit, as they will much less manoeuvrable and may not be able to keep up with the pace of your assault.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm... The marine squad is really the only thing I'm iffy about. 10 marines with bolters could be fine for holding an objective, I guess. But then, that's why the cultists are there. I suppose I could cut the cultist squad down to 10, and that would let me put the marines in an unmodified rhino.Doing that would cut the wound pool of the cultists by half, though.

If I totally got rid of the cultists I could give the marines a rhino, plasma, and missile launcher, but then I'd only have 1 objective holder instead of 2. The berzerkers could hold one, in theory, after butchering a squad of my enemy's holders. I would also have enough points to give a dozer blade to the land raider, and extra armor either to the land raider or the rhino with 6 points left over.

If I forego the plasma/missile launcher, I could replace boltguns with ccw for free, give them MoK for 20 points, and have 16 points to give the champ a lightning claw. OR I could not give MoK and give the sorceror a sigil of corruption for a 4+ invuln, but that would really gimp the assaulting ability of the squad.

ALSO: What force weapon should I give the sorc?

Whaddya think?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Dropping one Oblit is a workable solution to buffing the CSM (say, plasma, autocannon, and a Rhino), while possibly (if at the cost of 2 or 3 cultists) also buffing the Sorc up a mastery level, or getting him an invuln save.

I'd say for the sorc's force weapon... well, with 2 wounds and no good invuln/termi armor, I'd say he doesn't have the survivability to strike last in combat, so I'd go for the force sword in his straits.

The list looks pretty darn nice, as contrary to the background as it is to stick a sorc in with 'zerkers. Good mobility, decent damage output.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always appreciate your responses, Mossy.

Here are some changes:

HQ1: Chaos Lord: MoK, Juggernaut, AoBF, SoC
HQ2: Sorceror: Burning Brand of Skalathrax, +1 Mastery Level (will roll on Biomancy)

Troops 1: Chaos Space Marine Squad x10: Plasma Gun, Autocannon, Rhino
Troops 2: Cultists x11
Troops 3: Berzerkers x9: IoW, Lightning Claw; Sorceror will join this squad in the Land Raider

Fast Attack 1: Heldrake with baleflamer
Fast Attack 2: Biker Squad x5: MoK, IoW, 2x melta guns, Lightning Claw; Juggylord will join this squad

Heavy Support 1: Obliterators x 2: MoN
Heavy Support 2: Land Raider: Extra Armor, Dozer Blade

If I don't take the Extra Armor/Dozer Blade on the Land Raider, I can either give the Sorc a 5+ invuln with the AoDG or take 3 more cultists. Or I can give the Marine Champ a LC.

The extra mastery level will be nice, because hopefully I'll roll one of the blessings on the Biomancy table, and that will still give me the warp charge to activate the force sword and instant death some fools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts