Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put this list up a while ago but i want to get heresy onlines opinion on it again as am i going to go buy the models Thursday, so......

HQ
Warlord
Spirit seer
-Gem that restores wounds to wraith units (cant remember the name, dont have the supplement on me).
2x spirit seers

Troops
5x wraithguard
-Cannons

5x wraithguard
-D-scythes

5x wraithblades
-Axes and shields

2x Wave serpents
-Twinlinked scatter lasers
-Cannon
-Holofields
-Spirit stones

1x Wave serpent
-Twinlinked brightlance
-Cannon
-Holofields
-Spirit stones

Heavy support
Wraithknight
-Suncannon and shield
-Scatter laser

So spirit seers go with a wraith unit each and jump in a wave serpents. Wraithknight for a counter assault unit. He should be pretty survivable with the gem and a the revive psychic power with a good chance of rolling it. Any changes or comments please comment thanks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure about the wraithblades, was thinking of switching them for another unit of scythes

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Keep in mind that Scythes will run you 50 points more than blades, so you'll need to figure that into your equation. The item is called the Wraithforge Stone, btw.

It sounds like it might be risky to try and run the Seers as 'apothecaries' in this fashion, because you need to pick who has the stone before deployment, and that will 'lasso' him to stay clsoe to your Wraithknight.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wel it's more of a thing that is handy to have and if there near, well and good. Would u make any changes

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'd probably switch the Wraithknight to a pair of heavy Wraithcannons instead of bothering with close combat, considering he's still only a 3+ save. That gets you back enough points to turn the Blades into Scythes if you wanted, and with being able to run with the Spirit Seers, two very dangerous units. I'd probably then turn the Bright Lances into more Scatter Lasers on the Wave Serpents.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had played that idea about the wraithknight in my head but there is just something about 3 str6 ap2 blasts. Also what would you do keep the wraithblades or change them for wraithguard.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Here's how I'd do it:

Spiritseer x3
1 Wraithforge Stone

Wraithguard
D-Scythe
Wave Serpent w/ Scatter, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields

Wraithguard
D-Scythe

Wraithguard
Cannons

Wraithknight
Heavy Cannons

You lose all of your H2H, but instead get a SICK shooting force. You've got two S10 super guns, as well as a squad of Cannonguard which can dart in, blow something up, and then dart back out. Scytheguard will make a MESS of anything that gets in close, and you can pray they try to charge you, because free Overwatch (but honestly, you're running the Primaris power to run all the time, right?)

You could switch Scatters for Bright Lances if you really wanted, but I wouldn't; each of those Wave Serpents can give you AT LEAST 9 shots at strength 6 or higher, some pinning, some pseudo-rending.

Oh, and give the Wraithknight the Warlord trait. He'll benefit most from it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good, I'm just so iffy about losing my only counter assault unit

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Technically, Nothing about the WK's statline changes by using the Heavy Cannons. You lose the Invul save only, but you're still a 3+ MC at all times. Now if you're talking about the Blades, I suppose that might be a different story, but...

Considering two Scythes, that's ALOT of wounds you can put out, and it can rip through ALOT of armor (all armor saves, all cover saves, etc). Played correctly, not much is assaulting through all those templates.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats a fair point lads. Thanks I think thats all I need

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think your list is basically what I'd take at 1,500 pts but I'd take two Wraithlords instead of the Wraithknight due to more flexibility, different targets etc.

I think I'm also leaning away from Wraithblades though. Love the look of them but think they're more tricky to use and have more moving to do to be effective.

Are there any spare points for a unit that is living, like Dire Avengers (job already done by d scythes?) or fast attack like warp spiders or something?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts