Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking for some long time about playing Chaos, though creating my own Warband.
I though about Terminators inside Land Raider with Terminator Lord supported by Chaos Space Marines and Traitor Guard, but I'm not sure right now, after I heard about an amazing HQ - Huron Blackheart. I really like his rules, even though I'd "fluff him" as someone else. I need somebody to help me choose between two lists I made:

Old:

Chaos Lord
Terminator Armour
Mark of Khorne
Axe of Blind Fury
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chaos Terminators (3)
Power Axes
Mark of Khorne
Land Raider
Space Marines(10)
Meltagun(2)
Rhino
Space Marines(10)
Meltagun(2)
Rhino
Vindicator

Imperial Guard:

Command Squad
Chimera
Veterans(10)
Chimera
Veterans(10)
Chimera
Vendetta

Huron:

Huron Blackheart
Chosen(5)
Flamer(4)
Rhino
Space Marines(5)
Rhino
Space Marines(5)
Meltagun
Rhino
Space Marines(5)
Meltagun
Rhino
Space Marines(5)
Meltagun
Rhino
Space Marines(5)
Meltagun
Rhino
Vindicator

Imperial Guard

Command Squad
Chimera
Veterans(10)
Chimera
Veterans(10)
Chimera
Vendetta

Plan for Terminator list is to keep everything together in a sort of steel wall crushing foes under tracks of my vehicles, while Huron list is to keep enemy busy with multiple attacks from every direction diciding his fire power between small units. I would like to know which plan is better as to not buy lots of models which I won't use.
I just need to clear my head a bit and get some advice, so feel VERY welcome to comment.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Huron's limitation is that he can only infiltrate D3 units forward, so spamming MSU with so many small units means only a few will be able to rush forward ahead of the group, becoming easy pickings for enemy shooting etc.

I'd make a few tweaks here and there: drop one of the chimeras, for instance, and stick the squad in it into the vendetta, so a) it can get delivered where it needs to go, and b) you have the points freed up to give the guard squads special weapons (say, flamers on the vet squad in the vendetta for objective clearing and melta on the chimera vets, plus maybe something for the command squad).

If you expand the list, I would definitely advise allying in a Leman Russ as well (to present more high AV to the enemy along with the LR and Vindi), and a Heldrake with baleflamer (to complement the Vendetta excellently by doing everything the Vendetta can't, and having all of its weaknesses covered in turn by the Vendetta).

If you wanted, you could even fiddle things around at the current points level to fit them in (swap Vindi for Russ, drop a vet squad and both chimeras instead of just one chimera for a Heldrake and a few flamers)... though you'd end up looking at a rather different list.

I'd also consider trying to get a chainfist or some combi-meltas/meltabombs into that Termi squad and Lord: it would be a shame if they ran up against a vehicle or dreadnought and were left totally impotent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mossy Toes, you're helpful as always :grin:
Remember how I said I need to cool my head? Well it worked.
I realized, why the hell should i even bother with Chosen, when I can exchange them for 2 squads of biker with dual melta? Where was my logic? I don't know. Leman Russ would be extremely useful and after shuffling around some things I can get one Battle Tank or Vanquisher.

So:

Huron Blackheart
Chaos Biker(3)
Meltagun(2)
Chaos Biker(3)
Meltagun(2)
Space Marines(10)
Meltagun(2)
Rhino
Space Marines(10)
Meltagun(2)
Rhino
Space Marines(5)
Rhino

Imperial Guard

Command Squad
Chimera
Veterans(10)
Flamer(2)
Chimera
Veterans(10)
Flamer(2)
Chimera
Vendetta
Leman Russ Battle Tank/ Vanquisher
(As I have 5 points left if i choose Battle tank, would probably give a flamer for small squad as it's where Huron is going)

So, not only i get 8 scary meltagun and possibility to infiltrate 2 full Chaos Marines buses up my enemy rear but I also have a large tank to support them (though I think Battle Tank would be better, as I have Vendetta and 4 squads armed with meltaguns). Hell, I even found points to give my Veterans 2 flamers. That's 2 squads of dual flamers with hull mounted heavy flamer(Chimera) supported by Imperial Guard commands mechanics. Still I don't know, if it's better than old list (though I think I will drop one Chimera and exchange Vindicator for Leman Russ, as getting Imperial Guard as allies and forget about taking best part is strange)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts