30 Ork Boyz, one upgraded to Nob with Power Klaw – 215
13 'ard Boyz, one upgraded to Nob with Power Klaw – 165
5 Nobz, 1 upgraded to Painboy. Has 1 Power Klaw and 3 big choppas – 170

Fast Attack
17 Stormboyz, 1 upgraded to Nob with Power Klaw – 239

Total Orks - 115
Total points - 1504
Main Army Faced - Space Marines.

Mad Dok Grotsnik attached to one squad of 30 Ork Boyz.
Warboss attached to Nobz.

Tactics are for the Kommandos to infiltrate as close to the enemy as possible, and for the Stormboyz to use jump packs to close with the enemy as well. These 3 units (total of 25 orks) will provide the rest of the army with cover so the majority of the force can advance unhinded, running instead of shooting (except for tankbustas) to close with the enemy ASAP. Tankbustas will hunt enemy armour. Nobz attack the stronger units, with the painboy toughening them up. Boyz will attack depending on how the battle fairs.

C&C please?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
If you are going to take Mad Dok it is best take him for his cybork option so I would put him with the Nobs this eliminates the need for a pain boy since the doc can do everything the pain boy was doing this also gives you another nob. The 13 Ard boyz are not going to do much against marines I would get rid of them in favor of more nobs.
i also don't think throwing away the stormboyz as a screening unit is going to do much good. If you want a screening unit take grots or small units of boyz. The stormboyz are great at dropping in for the counter-charge or eliminating dangerous things like deep striking terminator squads.
If you want cheap ready to die things then look at buggies or deffkoptas as quick thing to tie up the enemy for a turn. Killa kans are also really good at providing a distraction and killing stuff. .
The tankbustas are my big question mark as I have never had good luck with them hitting anything and killing it. Killa kans with rokkits are way better at taking out stuff plus they don't suffer from the Glory hogs rule.

Just some things to consider to help you better wipe out those gitz.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so:
Mad Doc with Nobz, remove original painboy, give cybork bodies.
Replace 'ard byz with Nobz.
Take grots/gretchins and give them stormboyz original job.
Mabe squadron of Killa kans or warbuggies.
Maybe more boyz.

I liked the tankbustas 2d6+6 grenade thing. Really I want something that can take out a land raider easier.

I'll work on it more tomorrow, thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
221 Posts
tank bustaz can't take out landraiders as well as, a. Deffrollas b. Power klaws.

Your anti tank should be left to them, or the kanz you mentioned before as they have the same weapons.

When it omes to A11-12-13 try lootaz, they are the true anti tank of the Orks

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anti-tank and not having enough bodies was my main worry, but I think I should be able to sort the list out using both of your help, I'll write up a new list sometime today.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
HQ
Warboss with Power Klaw and 'eavy Armour - 90

Elites
10 Kommandos, one upgraded to Nob with power claw.
6 Nobz, with 2 Power Klaws and 4 Big Choppas - 190

Troops
6 Nobz, with 2 Power Klaws, and 4 Big Choppas - 190
13 Gretchin - 39
13 Gretchin - 39

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans with 3 Rokkit Launcha's - 150

Total Orks - 129
Total points - 1502

Hows this?

·
Registered
466 Posts
tank bustaz can't take out landraiders as well as, a. Deffrollas b. Power klaws.

Your anti tank should be left to them, or the kanz you mentioned before as they have the same weapons.

When it omes to A11-12-13 try lootaz, they are the true anti tank of the Orks
not to mention squads of five orks dont live past puberty always try to max your squads except gretching 19 + runtherd will do but if you want killa kans instead then you want:

big mek w/ kustom forcefield (no more wargear)

fill all your heavy support slots with killa kans. take a deff dread as a troop choice (love that rule) and keep your boys walking up behind the armour

hopw that helps

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would consider giving the warboss cybork body rather than 'eavy armour. I think its five more points but having a 5+ invuln save is well worth it as I'm sure you'll be up against a lot of weapons whos AP can negate the 'eavy armour save...not to mention power weapons in H2H.

I would also put a boss pole in every unit possable. Even your large mobs will eventually get knocked down to < 10... the 5 points you'll pay for the extra staying power will pay for its self.

Just my thoughts. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
275 Posts
HQ
Warboss with Power Klaw and 'eavy Armour - 90
Good. cheap and effective HQ. althoug I'd consider dropping something to get him a cybork body.

Elites
10 Kommandos, one upgraded to Nob with power claw.
Usually I don't use these and I never do without Snikrot (he's awesome!!!). It would really help if you gave this unit 2 burnas

6 Nobz, with 2 Power Klaws and 4 Big Choppas - 190
This unit is too expensive! make use of WA (wound allocation), so equip them all differently:victory:

Troops
These are perfect :eek:k:

6 Nobz, with 2 Power Klaws, and 4 Big Choppas - 190
Same as above

13 Gretchin - 39
13 Gretchin - 39
I belive you must include a runtherd? so these will be 49 points/unit. I'd make tem into one unit of 19 Gretchins and a runtherd, perfect objective holders for only 67 points

Fast Attack
Nice ones! to me these are underrated. though play them carefully and make use of every cover you can!

Heavy Support
Great! :eek:k:

Total Orks - 129
Total points - 1502

Hows this?
hope this helps you a bit :victory:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's great mate. Yeah I realised about the runtherds earlier but haven't got round to changing it yet. Will take your comments into consideration and do somethign tonight.

One question though...
You said my first nob squad is too expensive, but my second is perfect, how does that work? Unless by 'same as above' you mean same as the above nob unit?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HQ
Warboss with Power Klaw and cybork body - 95

Elites
9 Kommandos with 2 burnas, includes Snikrot - 205
5 Nobz, with 2 Power Klaws, 1 Big Choppa and boss pole- 160

Troops
5 Nobz, with 2 Power Klaws, 1 Big Choppa and boss pole - 160
18 Gretchin, 1 runtherd - 64

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Total Orks - 120
Total points - 1503

Any better?

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's great mate. Yeah I realised about the runtherds earlier but haven't got round to changing it yet. Will take your comments into consideration and do somethign tonight.

One question though...
You said my first nob squad is too expensive, but my second is perfect, how does that work? Unless by 'same as above' you mean same as the above nob unit?
Yeah I ment the same as above Nob Squad :wink:

I think that your list as improved a lot, and will probably do well. also I didn't notice untill now that your nob squads don't include painboys! you willl need them! as well as for the cybork bodies on them, otherwise they won't last long since you don't have any vehicle to give them cover or something like that. Maybe consider making one squad of about 7-8 Nobs? icluding a painboy, and ALL with different wargear! then a tip for you is to have ya boss runni'n with Snikrot! it rocks having them both in one squad coming up behind and being abel to kill whatever unit, be it a vehicle, mc or infantry (if infantry, use the eavy flamers!)! :victory:

Also some people will advice you to drop anything to make room for at least 10 lootas, witch would be a good idea! :wink: though I'm not sure wtah to drop, since you'll need some large numbers in a footslogging list..

This is advice just as important as the last, but if you don't want to change anything more, then at least drop one gretchin so you don't pass the point limit!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
also I didn't notice untill now that your nob squads don't include painboys! you willl need them! as well as for the cybork bodies on them, otherwise they won't last long since you don't have any vehicle to give them cover or something like that. Maybe consider making one squad of about 7-8 Nobs? icluding a painboy, and ALL with different wargear!
Well, with regards to giving them ALL different wargear, how do you mean? I don't wanna give them a long-range weapon and replace their slugga, as that will negate their +1A for having an addictional CCW. And the only other wargear I can give them is power klaws and big choppas?
I was considering putting them into one squad actually. A 7 man Nob squad, one with power klaw and one with big choppa, has a painboy, all with cybork bodies costs 235. which is about 100 points cheaper than the 2 seperate units. How does that sound to you mate?

then a tip for you is to have ya boss runni'n with Snikrot! it rocks having them both in one squad coming up behind and being abel to kill whatever unit, be it a vehicle, mc or infantry (if infantry, use the eavy flamers!)! :victory:
That's what I was thinking :victory:

Also some people will advice you to drop anything to make room for at least 10 lootas, witch would be a good idea! :wink: though I'm not sure wtah to drop, since you'll need some large numbers in a footslogging list..
Well, my killa kans are for taking out armour, and I think that's what people use lootas for? Thing is though, the killa kans have a higher BS, and a higher strength, lower AP weapon. On the other hand lootas have D3 shots, have more shots and can be upgraded to meks with more powerful weapons...what do you think?

This is advice just as important as the last, but if you don't want to change anything more, then at least drop one gretchin so you don't pass the point limit!
Shit didn't notice that lol. I will chagne it when I get your feedback for above
Thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i'd also add boss poles ro the ubits of boys and a few members of the nob squad ( you dont want your squads fleeing when the have taken a lot of casalties)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm, my only problem is points mate.
Anyone have any opinions on the killa kanz vs Lootas?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
HQ
Warboss with Power Klaw and cybork body - 95

Elites
10 Kommandos with 2 burnas, includes Snikrot - 215
8 Nobz with cybork bodies, 2 Power Klaws, 2 Big Choppa and bosspole. One upgraded to Painboy - 295

Troops

30 Ork Boyz, one upgraded to Nob with Power Klaw and bosspole – 220
30 Ork Boyz, one upgraded to Nob with Power Klaw and bosspole – 220
17 Gretchin, 1 runtherd - 61

Fast Attack
17 Stormboyz, 1 upgraded to Nob with Power Klaw and bosspole – 244

Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans with 3 Rokkit Launcha's – 150
OR
10 Lootas, 2 upgraded to Meks with kustom mega-blastas - 150

Total Orks: With killa kans – 118
With Lootas - 125
Total points - 1500

I put my Nobz into one squad and made it more powerful and endurable, which also gave me more available points. I added a bosspole to every squad as well. I don't know whether to take the killa kanz or the lootas, what do you guys think?
Any other suggestions?

EDIT - I know Lootas are not heavy support, but I put them under killa kanz to show what they would replace if i take them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts