Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noble with dragon armour, greatweapon, shield, and Radient gem of hoeth[lvl 1 mage]

Lvl2 mage [seer staff, Powerstone] 185
lvl2 mage [Ring of fury, Silverwand] 185

14 Spearmen, full command warbanner
10 Archers 110
10 Archers 110

6 Dragon princes, Std and banner of sorcery 250
White lion Chariot 140

Repeater Bolt thrower 100
Repeater Bolt thrower 100

This list should hopefully deal alot of ranged pain, plus i have 2 hard hitting fast units to smash up enemy formations AND my spearmen unit led by the noble, who some say fights like an angry bear :grin:

Comments welcome, 1500pt tourney starts this sunday

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Seems pretty well balanced. I guess your looking to deal a lot of magical damage. Personally, id drop the chariot and bulk up the spearmen, but thats just my belief in core h2h infantry.
Generally looks good though.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i must admit at first the chariot wasn't in the list, and i had more infantry, but i decided i wanted a bit of variety in there as in theory i could be playing as many as 7 games with it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yeah, its just my personal preference. It'll mean your fast section will hit a lot harder, but at the same time, weakens your infantry core a bit.

An interesting tactic ive seen used with is to use them as an intercepter unit to block elite infantry, but that was with goblin chariots, which are more disposable.

Personally, i think chariots are disruptive to face, especially for an infantry heavy force, coz they hit, and if the infantry hold, they often flee the next round of combat due to ranks and standard etc. I never catch them, (esp with dwarfs) and so they rally and hit my stunties again :(

But then, they never break them, or cause many casualties, so again, i remain undecided about whether they are very effective or not.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a big fan of chariots, and have often used them in my highelves and my orc and goblin forces. With the new highelf book i'm keen to try out the lion chariot. Due to its lions and the two crew armed with great weapons, it will be kicking out 6 str 5 attacks even in rounds after its charged, so unlike other chariots isn't so much of a one shot deal. However you need to be careful with them and know whe its best to charge and when to hold them back, when they need support and when to go it alone. If i'm honest i'd almost definately be better with 2 standard chariots, and i know in the tournament the 3 best players have all taylored there list to face me so for example the dwarf player has str7 bolt throwers. I doubt the chriot will last that long in most games but heh, the model is cool and Its kinda cool to be the guy everyones worried about

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I don't know if this is too late, but I would suggest using some sea guard in place of basic spearmen. This will reduce their numbers, but will give you more shots which could kill the enemy before you get to H2H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts