Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone for a 'Things that go bump in the night' style list. Mainly for fluff, but please point me in a direction of actually being dangerous.

Vampire Lord
-+1 magic Level
-Talisman of the Lycni
-Master of the Black Arts
-Dark Acolyte
-Flayed Hauberk
= 370
*Law of Vampires*

20 Ghouls
= 160

20 Ghouls
= 160

Corpse Cart
-Bale Fire
= 100

Bat swarm
-3 bases
= 105

4 Fell Bats
= 80

Varghulf
= 175

Varghulf
= 175

Varghulf
= 175

Total = 1500 bang on.

I'm not even sure if this list is legal for one, so any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Unfortunately, you're only allowed dual rare choices until you hit 3K.

I've never used or played Vampires yet, so I don't know other than that.

Also, your Lord cannot take Flayed Hauberk (being magic armour) unless it has the Acolyte of Death or Death Knight ability (unless it states that wizards can wear it).

Lore of Vampires isn't very good. Sure you can raise troops, but just get cheapo Necromancers for that. Instead, get yourself Lore of Beasts. Wildforming Ghouls is deadly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so drop a Varghulf and I would put in another corpse cart with bale fire and 3 more Fell bats. Giving me 15 points to play with. Yay :/

Instead of Dark Acolyte and the Flayed Hauberk, should I take Spectral form (ethereal) for protection? Or would a single Lvl 3 not cut it? ( even with the benefits of Master of the black arts).

Lore of the beasts looks good :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Vampires can take magic armour as it specifically says in the army book that they can. 'All vampires may be given magic armour'.

Other than that, why does the lord have talisman of lynci? Are you planning on putting him alone (in which case he will be easily shot due to only a 4+ LOS! roll at best if near ghouls), or putting him in the ghouls, in which case he doesn't need the talisman to boost their speed.

I would drop the bat swarms, they are really overpriced and not worth it at all, fell bats are much better since they can actually move 20". Since you have so many ghouls you may want summon ghouls on your vamp , which is affordable if you drop the talisman.

In the 8th ed rules you must have at least 25% core and you only have 320 of the 375 points you need since corpse carts and bat swarms don't count. You also can only have 25% rare and lords, so while your lord is fine you have to drop a varghulf.

Your lord should probably have a ward save, because if he dies it is basically game over for you.

A slightly modified but similarly themed list might then be:

Vampire Lord
-+1 magic Level
-Master of the Black Arts
-Dark Acolyte
-Flayed Hauberk
-Summon ghouls
= 375
*Lore of Vampires*

Necromancer, extra spell (having IoN and VDM)
Corpse Cart
-Bale Fire
= 170

20 Ghouls, ghast
= 168

20 Ghouls, ghast
= 168

20 Ghouls, ghast
=168

5 Fell Bats
= 100

Varghulf
= 175

Varghulf
= 175

Total = 1499

I tried to keep the theme of bats, ghouls and varghulfs, though really with two varghulfs you don't need bats to be competitive. Also there isn't a bunker for your lord to hide in to cast spells, so he would be in a ghoul unit, and I kept the armour save instead of the wristbands (3+ ward vs shooting) because he might end up in a combat and the 2+ save can help there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.